SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the iNAND 7232 storage solution, a new, advanced embedded flash drive (EFD) optimized to deliver best-in-class imaging performance and superior storage capacity in flagship mobile devices. Available in capacities up to 128 GB, the iNAND 7232 storage solution enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to introduce smartphones, tablets and other connected devices that feature ample storage to meet the needs of increasing consumer content while providing data-rich application experiences and next-generation digital photography capabilities.
"From North America to China, consumers are demanding higher and higher capacity storage," said Christopher Bergey, SanDisk's vice president and general manager of Mobile and Tablet Solutions. "Our iNAND 7232 storage solution not only enables mobile OEMs to cost-effectively deliver the robust storage mobile users want, it is also our most advanced embedded storage solution to date. It leverages new, innovative application-level storage architecture and SanDisk's latest 15 nanometer flash storage technology to enable outstanding application experiences, terrific 4K Ultra HD video capture and digital photography experiences never before possible in flagship smartphones."
"Smartphone and tablet users are maturing in how they use their devices. Therefore their expectations when purchasing a new smart device have also significantly risen. This puts immense pressure on mobile OEMs who must balance the need to innovate against managing their investments in order to deliver flagship devices at attractive price-points in a highly competitive market. This is particularly true in China and other high-growth markets," said Neil Shah, research director, Devices & Ecosystems, at Counterpoint Research. "SanDisk's iNAND 7232 EFD is the ideal solution to address this need as it enables OEMs to deliver what consumers want most outside of form factor: reliable high capacity, exceptional digital photography capabilities and great application experiences."
Enabling Next Generation Mobile Experiences
The combination of iNAND 7232's advanced application architecture and innovative storage technology both enhances popular current mobile photography capabilities and allows for breakthrough application experiences.
The iNAND 7232 storage solution features SanDisk's second-generation SmartSLC technology, an innovative new storage architecture that quickly and intelligently responds on demand to mobile users' changing needs. iNAND 7232 is SanDisk's fastest embedded flash storage device to date. It boasts sequential write speeds of up to 150MB/s2, a 25 percent increase from the previous generation product3. The sequential write speed can further increase in the intelligent iNAND 7232 storage solution to an impressive 1.2 gigabit (Gb) per second and beyond when application performance demands it. This helps to provide fast, responsive mobile device experiences, including easy 4K Ultra HD video capture, quick downloading via 802.11ac/802.11ad and RAW photography capture even under low-light conditions. It also enhances the performance of multi-camera and depth-sensors, such as 3D, virtual reality and more.
The iNAND 7232 storage solution is built on the e.MMC 5.1+ HS400 specification, which includes Command Queue functionality. This further enhances random read speed, which results in faster responsiveness in data-intensive applications.
Advanced Memory-Level Technology
iNAND 7232 is built on SanDisk's 15-nanometer (nm) 3-bit-per-cell (X3) NAND flash storage, the most advanced NAND flash process node in the world.
Specific features and specifications include:
- Latest e.MMC Specification: Built on the e.MMC 5.1+ HS400 specification, which features Command Queuing
- Designed for the Latest Wi-Fi Standards: Fast transfer speed to support gigabit wireless performance; 802.11ad ready; supports 802.11ac two-by-two rates
- Significantly Enhanced Speed Over Previous Generation: Sequential read speeds up to 280 MB/s; sequential write speeds up to 150 MB/s
- Incredibly Thin Form Factor Enables Integration In Slim Host Devices: Available in packages just 11.5 mm x 13 mm in size and as thin as 0.9 mm
- Easily Integrated and Optimized to Support Fast Mobile Device Product Development Lifecycles: The iNAND 7232 storage solution is supported by advanced simulation, trouble-shooting and engineering tools that enable mobile manufacturers to quickly and easily integrate the device into mobile device designs. This offers the potential to significantly reduce the time from product development to product availability.
Samples of the iNAND 7232 storage solution are currently available to customers in capacities of 32GB to 128GB.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard