Seagate Technology plc, a world leader in storage solutions, announced it is integrating IBM Spectrum Scale software with its ClusterStor High Performance Computing (HPC) storage to deliver a new software defined storage appliance. The new appliance will help users manage the demands of data-intensive workloads, such as genomic research, computer aided design, digital media, data analytics, financial model analysis and electronic design simulations.
"The newly engineered system will bring the capabilities of IBM Spectrum Scale together with the unique performance efficiency and scalability of Seagate's ClusterStor systems, helping clients to manage demanding, data-hungry high performance computing applications more efficiently than before," said Ken Claffey, vice president and general manager, Seagate HPC systems business. "To do so, we are building on the Seagate core, extending innovation from the device into the information infrastructure, both on-site and in the Cloud."
Engineered for high performance computing, Seagate's ClusterStor helps solve today's toughest HPC storage challenges-delivering power, performance, scalability and reliability for users in a wide range of industries that rely on supercomputing applications. Having shipped over 17,000 petabytes and two million enclosures for major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Seagate has successfully delivered some of the largest, most productive and efficient HPC storage systems in the world. Seagate's innovative ClusterStor solutions are in a unique position to empower information-driven organizations that require the shortest time and cost to insight with the opportunity to extract unprecedented value from their big data.
IBM Spectrum Scale is part of IBM's industry-leading Spectrum Storage software defined storage family helping clients manage massive amounts of data globally, where they want it, how they want it, in a fast and easy manner from a single dashboard.
"Organizations in all industries are looking for faster and more cost efficient ways to store, manage and access data for critical business processes and insight-generating analytics," said Bernie Spang, vice president, IBM software defined infrastructure. "With the IBM Spectrum Storage portfolio, IBM has created building blocks for partners to deliver new and creative technology solutions that help clients meet their diverse needs."
IBM Spectrum Scale is a proven, scalable, high-performance file and object management solution delivering simplified data management and integrated information lifecycle tools capable of managing petabytes of data and billions of files, in order to manage the growing cost of dealing with ever increasing amounts of data.
Seagate brings together its expertise in hard disk drives and storage system architectures to ensure organizations achieve high performance and productivity levels while cutting HPC storage total cost of ownership (TCO) through reduced data center floor space as well as decreased power, cooling and administrative costs. ClusterStor reliably provides superior performance in a smaller space. This is integral to sustaining performance efficiency, allowing organizations to maximize production-level uptime, keeping their HPC initiatives on schedule and on budget.
Seagate's new software defined storage appliance, which combines ClusterStor with IBM Spectrum Scale, is expected to be available from Seagate's sales partners late in 2015.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V