Hamburg/Montreal, 08 July 2015 - ESWC Montreal kicks off this weekend with German peripheral manufacturer ROCCAT as one of the head sponsors. The event will see the world's best Counter-Strike teams do battle for a 75,000USD prize pool in a live tournament, which will take place in the Société des Arts Technologiques, July 9 - 12. Millions of eSports enthusiasts will follow via live stream around the globe, when teams from all over the world meet in Canada for the first time to fight for a tournament win.
Markus Frey, head of marketing at ROCCAT, comments: "We are happy to be part of the first ESWC event in Canada. Live events like this have such a positive impact on the local eSports scene, while at the same time reaching a global audience via live stream and social media coverage. The ESWC shares our passion for competitive gaming, making them the perfect partner. Together we feel we can continue to grow the eSports scene both in Canada and around the globe."
The ESWC in Montreal also features a dedicated women's tournament. Whether you are an eSports veteran or new to the scene, several Twitch streams in different languages bring you all the live action as well as background information about the teams and matchups.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz