AMD today announced that revenue for the second quarter ended June 27, 2015 is expected to be lower than previously guided. The company now expects second quarter revenue to decrease approximately 8 percent sequentially, compared to the previous guidance of down 3 percent, plus or minus 3 percent. The sequential decrease is primarily due to weaker than expected consumer PC demand impacting the company's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) APU sales. The company expects second quarter channel sales and channel inventory reduction efforts to be in-line with the company's plans.
The company anticipates non-GAAP gross margin to be approximately 28 percent, compared to the previous non-GAAP guidance of approximately 32 percent primarily due to a higher mix of Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment sales and lower than anticipated Computing and Graphics segment APU unit volumes due to weaker than expected OEM PC product demand. Additionally the company anticipates GAAP gross margin to be further impacted by a one-time charge of approximately $33 million associated with a technology node transition from 20 nanometer (nm) to FinFET. The company started several product designs in 20 nm that will instead transition to the leading-edge FinFET node.
Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the second quarter are expected to be approximately $830 million, in line with expectations.
AMD will report second quarter 2015 results after market close on Thursday, July 16, 2015. AMD will hold a conference call for the financial community at 2:30 p.m. PT (5:30 p.m. ET) that day to discuss second quarter financial results and to provide information regarding expected third quarter results. AMD will provide a real-time audio broadcast of the teleconference on the Investor Relations page. The webcast will be available for 10 days after the conference call.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- Anheuser-Busch places order for 40 Tesla Semi trucks
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- Justin Roiland introduces Squanch Games and teases new title
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Z270X Gaming K7....SLOW Boot?
- ATEN Phantom S UC3410 Gamepad to Keyboard Emulator Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series