Independent developer Flying Wild Hog (Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset) and rogue game publisher Devolver Digital (The Talos Principle, Hotline Miami) have announced Shadow Warrior 2, a striking follow-up to the global best-selling first-person shooter Shadow Warrior for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Shadow Warrior 2 marks the triumphant return of Lo Wang and his trademark use of blades, bullets, and a sharp tongue to strike down the demonic hordes - but this time he's not going at it alone.
"The incredible reception of Shadow Warrior from both longtime fans and gamers new to the series was overwhelming," said Michal Szustak, Studio Director at Flying Wild Hog. "Shadow Warrior 2 will expand on and improve every element that made the original so unique and strike a balance between classic FPS action and modern design."
Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog's offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world. Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.
"While the game is busting with stunning visuals and exquisite combat, it's the near constant barrage of Wang jokes that is going to move product," said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. "The kids love thinly veiled dick jokes. Love 'em."
Shadow Warrior 2 will be available to demo via appointment only at E3 2015 with the first look at gameplay debuting live on Twitch.TV Monday, June 15th at 12:30PM Pacific [twitch.tv/twitch]. Shadow Warrior 2 is set to launch on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016 or whenever Lo Wang damn well pleases. For news and information on development, follow @ShadowWarrior on Twitter or visit https://www.shadowwarrior.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower