TomTom (TOM2) today announces that it now enables car manufacturers to seamlessly extend the user experience from their in-dash navigation system to the digital world beyond the car. Smartphones, tablets, wearables and laptops can automatically sync with the car system, wherever end-users are.
This whole connected navigation experience is powered by future-proof cloud-based components, designed to be used by developers of embedded systems, mobile apps and web portals for the automotive industry. These modular components enable seamless navigation across different devices, all within a consistent OEM-branded universe. For example, pre-trip planning on a website, departure warnings on a wearable device and last-mile navigation on a smartphone can automatically synchronise with the in-car navigation system to offer a more personalised experience.
"We're delighted to announce that we now allow car makers, developers and third-parties to extend the reach of embedded navigation systems", said Jan-Maarten de Vries, VP Automotive Product Marketing at TomTom. "With TomTom's world-class technologies, OEMs can now offer a compelling, branded navigation experience on user devices."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series