-- GIGABYTE Announces Winners of Beat the Pros Contest --
-- Highest Ever Recorded Dual Channel DDR2 Memory Overclock at 1800.80MHz--
Taipei, Taiwan, February 20, 2009 - GIGABYTE Technology CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, is pleased to announce the winners of the Beat the Pros competition. Fugger and Vapor said it couldn't be done, but more than 26 people proved them wrong by beating their 1508MHz DDR2 memory overclock record using one of GIGABYTE's latest P45 Ultra Durable 3 motherboards.
So, who are these bad new gunslingers in town? With a DDR2 memory overclock of 1800.80MHz, and setting the new world record for highest DDR2 memory overclock, the first place winner is Barani Shahryar from Iran. To the victor go the spoils. Not only does Barani claim title of GIGABYTE Beat the Pros Champion and recorder holder of the world's fastest DDR2 memory overclock, but he also gets a brand new check from GIGABYTE for $1,500 USD. In second place with a more than respectable 1780.20MHz is James Trevaskis from Australia, AKA YoungPro from TeamAU, who walks away with a check for $1,000 USD. In third place is Jadid Hasan from Indonesia, with a score of 1734.02MHz.Jadid gets a check from GIGABYTE for $500 USD.
GIGABYTE would like to send a quick thank you to all the overclockers who participated in the Beat the Pros Competition. While you may not have won the cash, you all posted some amazing memory overclocks and it just goes to show; with the right amount of overclocking skills and know-how combined with top notch, high performance hardware such as one of GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 3 motherboards, no overclocking record is safe.
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit https://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz