Bountye, Australia's next social media shopping addiction, has now launched to marry old with new to re-create community commerce for our booming second hand economy.
Available for free in the Apple App store, Bountye is a mobile marketplace for people to buy and sell anything, but also experience deeper and more meaningful interactions with each other during the process. Bountye connects users with people in their neighbourhoods, or who share their interest via a simple, compelling and beautiful interface.
Millions of users are already using Facebook Buy Sell Swap Groups, and other niche players to buy and sell pre-owned or speciality goods however existing platforms are clunky, don't leverage technology, don't consolidate social commerce, payments, or facilitate the goods exchange in a convenient way.
Bountye changes the way we buy and sell second hand goods with an easy-to-use mobile-based, group-oriented marketplace that seamlessly integrates with leading social platforms.
Set up by former eBay Director, Asim Brown, Bountye brings back the personal touch experienced through consumer-to-consumer (C2C) or peer-to-peer selling.
"Commerce has always been at the heart of communities but it was only the medium with which we exchanged goods that continues to evolve. I felt that one of the key drivers to peer-to-peer selling was the connections we make. This was in direct contrast to anonymity that prevails in the B2C world. Bountye brings back the personal touch, while helping people find unique items. It also helps people declutter and make money from their unused goods at home."
Using Bountye, users can:
List and sell their items
- List items in under a minute with simplified listings and photo uploads.
- Choose to make items available to everyone on Bountye, or just members of a specific group.
- Share listings easily with friends and connections on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Chat safely with interested buyers via easy-to-use, in-app messaging.
- Get paid securely - all transactions are processed automatically within Bountye which is also one of the first in Australia to use escrow, in order to protect both buyers and sellers.
Discover and buy items
In-app personalised, daily feed based on likes, locations, friends and groups.
Browse or search for specific items across categories including fashion and jewellery, electronics, furniture, cars and motorbikes, home and garden, kids and baby, and more.
Chat safely with sellers via easy-to-use, in-app messaging.
Comment on photos of items, make offers and securely pay for purchases straight from the app.
Choose local pickup or a delivery option for purchased items.
Follow friends and join groups
- Follow friends, people they know or their favourite sellers. All users have verified profiles complete with real names, photos and ratings for both buyers and sellers.
- Join private or public groups based on special interests or local and social communities.
- Create and manage their own group to enable their own community to buy, sell and connect with like-minded people. So for instance, if people collected rare printed George Orwell books, they might join an invite only group of others who collected books and know the value.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard