AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced the latest addition to its line of desktop A-Series processors, the A10-7870K APU, a refresh to the existing line of processors codenamed "Kaveri". The A10-7870K delivers a best-in-class experience for eSports and online gaming with superior performance1, best-in-class efficiency in DirectX® 122, and unique features. The new processor also delivers exceptional performance in modern workloads and is designed for the future with Microsoft Windows® 10.
The latest iteration of the popular and powerful AMD A-Series APU family provides premium performance and multitasking powered by up to 12 compute cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU).* The responsiveness and processing power of the A10-7870K APU enables an immersive user experience on Windows® 10 PCs while offering an easy path for PC builders looking to upgrade to discrete-level graphics and faster processing at an afforadable price. The A10-7870K APU is available at e-tail now at a suggested price (SEP) of US $137, and through participating system builders.
"AMD takes a major step forward today by unveiling the world's most advanced eSports and online gaming processor technology in the A10-7870K APU, giving players the ability to game like a pro without spending like one," said Matt Skynner, corporate VP and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Unit at AMD. "eSports is one of the fastest-growing pastimes in the world with hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide playing games like StarCraft II, League of Legends, DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. With the new A10-7870K APU, gamers can play the most popular online and eSports games right out of the box with features to make that experience even better."
"AMD continues to blaze the trail at the forefront of PC technology," said Ahmed Aziz, CEO and founder of CybertronPC. "With the new AMD A10-7870K processors in a custom gaming CybertronPC, our customers will experience unbelievable gaming performance and the leading edge gaming features of AMD FreeSync and Virtual Screen Resolution - a marked improvement over existing desktop PC capabilities, and unique to AMD."
Best eSports and Online Gaming Experience
- The AMD A10-7870K represents the best single-processor solution for online and eSports gaming, delivering best-in-class gaming performance - up to 48 percent higher frame rates in the most popular online games vs. higher priced solutions made up of a CPU and GPU1 - and more than 3x greater efficiency in DirectX® 12 than competing solutions.2
- Gamers can enjoy 1080p gaming on some of the world's most popular games with the settings cranked up, and benefit from unique features only available on AMD A-Series processors to improve the gaming experience. Unique features include Virtual Screen Resolution (VSR) for improved image quality when gaming at lower resolutions, and AMD FreeSync� for effortlessly smooth gameplay on FreeSync-compatible displays, bringing the high-end gaming PC experience to the mainstream PC.3
- Be ready for the future with support for multi-threaded APIs including DirectX 12, Vulkan� and Mantle that enable advanced gaming technologies to improve performance and visual fidelity, including asymmetric rendering pairing with an AMD Radeon� R7 or R9 GPU to support DirectX 12 multi-adapter and multi-engine features.
- AMD Radeon� Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture is designed to push the boundaries of gaming, providing eSports gamers with higher resolutions and outstanding image quality for an improved visual experience.
- Experience-enhancing features such as AMD Quick Stream and AMD Eyefinity4 combine to deliver more realism and greater fields of view in supported games.
Revolutionary Architecture for Today's Modern Workloads
- The AMD A10-7870K APU features 12 compute cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU)*, up to 4.1 GHz CPU clock and 95W TDP for exceptional performance on today's modern workloads, and up to 5 percent faster system performance versus a competitive processor.5
- Enjoy a premium Windows® 10 experience with the AMD A10-7870K APU. The new processor is designed to deliver a phenomenal Windows® 10 experience enabling the latest Windows® 10 features.
- Designed to push not only the boundaries of DirectX® 11 and DirectX® 12 gaming, the Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture is also specifically engineered for general computing and GPU-aware programming languages like C++ AMP and OpenCL� 2.0.
- The A10-7870K supports Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features hUMA and hQ which allow the CPU and GPU to work together in supported applications by quickly dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency in consumer and commercial PCs.
- The AMD A10-7870K APU is supported by the existing AMD socket FM2+ motherboard ecosystem making it simple to upgrade to the new processor.
- Supports latest PCI Express® 3.0 Graphics Cards to enable performance gaming at Ultra HD resolutions.
- More information on AMD Investor Relations
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google+
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds inspires VR-style 'PUBG' game
- KFA2's new GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX graphics card teased
- ZOTAC unleashes GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ArcticStorm Mini
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz