QNAP Systems, Inc. today released the quad-core TS-453mini, a 4-bay vertical NAS that suits non-spacious office environments. Featuring a stylish glossy look, easy tool-less hard drive installation, simple RAM upgrade design, a quiet exhaust for heat dissipation and LED indicators with adjustable brightness controls, the elegant TS-453mini is packed full of cutting-edge features and apps to provide day-to-day file storage, backup, sharing, synchronization and entertainment needs.
"The space-efficient vertical design and streamlined architecture with HDMI installation for easier NAS setup demonstrates our attention to deliver a better user experience for the desktop environment," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. The TS-453mini includes numerous innovative designs in its hardware architecture, including a quiet internal compact exhaust that helps dissipate heat and reduce dust buildup, a tool-less design allowing users to easily remove the magnetic top cover to add/replace hot-swappable 3.5" hard drives, and a conveniently accessible cover at the bottom for upgrading the RAM with minimal effort. Users can easily install their NAS over HDMI, allowing for a NAS to be installed without a network connection, and free from complicated procedures and the need for network expertise.
The TS-453mini also features an aesthetically-designed skyline LED indicator for system S3 sleep mode notification. Users can adjust the brightness of all system indicators based on the surrounding environment and also schedule the system to automatically dim the LEDs at certain times when needed.
Powered by a quad-core Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz processor with 8 GB or 2 GB (upgradable to 8 GB) energy-efficient DDR3L RAM (upgradable to 8 GB), coupled with 2 Gigabit LAN ports, the TS-453mini is a powerful NAS that delivers up to 220 MB/s transfer throughput. Its total storage capacity can be flexibly expanded up to 96 TB (8 TB per drive) by connecting an 8-bay UX-800P expansion enclosure.
Users can easily operate the TS-453mini as a PC with QvPC Technology. By simply plugging in a keyboard, mouse and HDMI display users can directly access stored data, run multiple applications on Windows/Linux/UNIX/Android-based VMs, surf the web, enjoy 1080p videos with up to 7.1 audio with Kodi, monitor live feeds on Surveillance Station, and much more. The real-time and offline transcoding capabilities allow for smooth video playback experience on various devices across bandwidth-limited network connections. The Signage Station app also provides more practical office applications with great tools to create advertisements or animated materials for promoting business services, and to update contents in a timely manner.
The TS-453mini offers comprehensive support for common office applications. It supports VMware, Microsoft and Citrix virtualization solutions to simplify virtual storage management, and features cross-platform file sharing for Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX users. The support for Windows AD, LDAP directory services and Windows ACL improves the efficiency of permission settings. The TS-453mini can also act as a domain controller for Windows, and offers flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac users and disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync and cloud storage backup.
- Vertical design, 4-bay
- Quad-core Intel Celeron 2.0GHz processor (burst up to 2.41 GHz)
- 8 GB or 2 GB DDR3L RAM (max. 8 GB)
- 3.5"/2.5" SATA HDD/SSD
- Hard drives hot-swappable
- 3x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet LAN connections
- 1x HDMI 1.4a output
- IR sensor
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz