SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash storage solutions, today introduced the new SanDisk Z400s SSD, a cost effective solid-state drive (SSD) designed to replace hard-disk drives (HDDs) in computing platforms and embedded applications. PCs and embedded systems need consistent, reliable access to storage in order to meet business demands. The Z400s outperforms HDDs by 20x, while providing 5x the reliability with 20x lower average power consumption, all at a price point on par with HDDs. The SanDisk Z400s SSD joins the company's existing portfolio of flash-based solutions that are designed to deliver a delightful user experience and reliability at an affordable price point
"The Z400s represents a feat of engineering that addresses the needs of two distinct markets-PC OEM manufacturers and embedded application designers," said Rizwan Ahmed, senior director of product marketing, client platform solutions, SanDisk. "With a single architecture, SanDisk is able to provide OEMs with an affordable solution for displacing HDDs in today's cutting edge consumer devices, and help embedded application designers avoid overpaying for un-needed space-all while delivering the peak performance and high-reliability that only SSDs can supply."
An Economic Way for OEMs to Add Value and Competitive Advantage
With a variety of form factors and capacities, lightweight design and cost-effective architecture, PC OEMs can incorporate the new SanDisk Z400s into sleeker, mobile laptop designs without breaking bill of materials (BOM) costs. Additionally, because SSDs have no moving parts, they are much less prone to failure, which increases device uptime. According to published data, HDDs are three times more likely to fail than SSDs. By designing systems with the new SanDisk Z400s SSD, PC OEMs can deliver products that are 5x more reliable and 20x faster than traditional hard drives, translating into fewer returns, lower total cost of ownership and increased overall customer satisfaction.
IDC forecasts that the Intelligent Systems market will ship over two billion units in 2019 with the industrial segments growing the fastest. Digital signage, security surveillance, POS or kiosk environments are key areas where SanDisk SSDs can provide major benefits over HDDs, particularly in applications where the storage requirements are relatively short-term-meaning that data is frequently cleared from the device. Thus these applications only require low capacities, but reliability and performance levels are paramount.
Greater Reliability for Industrial Embedded Systems
Embedded industrial systems rely on storage's ability to execute one task consistently with minimal downtime. The Z400s can withstand up to 1.7 million hours of continual use, delivering greater stability during peak activity, underscoring its high-endurance design and reliability. Available in multiple form factors and capacities as low as 32GB, the new SanDisk Z400s SSD meets embedded systems applications designers' performance, reliability, size, low power, interface and scalability requirements for the following use cases:
- Digital Signage: The rise of big data analytics is driving the use of digital signage for transportation, advertising, retailers and more. The Z400s delivers the latest advances in flash storage technology so that users and manufacturers of digital signage equipment can trust their solution will consistently provide valuable and current information to all audiences.
- POS: Research shows that customers become frustrated after 2.5 minutes if there is no progress in a checkout line; after five minutes, one out of three customers will abandon the line altogether. The Z400s provides the performance and reliability that retail, hospitality, restaurant services, and many other industries need to ensure a quality customer experience and inspire brand loyalty.
- Security-Surveillance: The Z400s is extremely beneficial at the point of image capture, where ruggedness, durability and performance are critical, but storage requirements are relatively short-term. This includes digital cameras where images are cleared more frequently, but still operate 24/7 in order to reduce risk, such as in courtrooms or government buildings, healthcare facilities and shopping malls.
"Intelligent Systems continue to play a critical role in disrupting traditional industries as connectivity, flash and sensor technology allows us to drive more value for applications and data," said Mario Morales, vice president of IDC's Enabling Technologies and Semiconductors research group. "The value chain for the embedded market is broad and fragmented across a large set of industries that span decades of development and commercialization. SanDisk has decades of experience in tailoring flash technology for a broad range of applications-from consumer devices to data center solutions-making them the ideal partner to help intelligent system designers solve business-specific challenges across several embedded industries."
The SanDisk Z400s is sampling with customers immediately in mSATA, 2.5" SATA and M.2 (2242 and 2280) form factors, in capacities of 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 gets Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue as DLC
- Agony spin-off title 'Succubus' gets raunchy selfie trailer
- Apex Legends has damageable dragons, incoming world event?
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night releases out of nowhere
- Nintendo Switch Mini accessories leaked by Chinese company
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Pinball wizards rejoice! Marvelous Europe adds a juicy twist to the pinball game format in SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball
- Dark Quest 2 Now Available on iOS and Android
- Novigrad is GWENT's second expansion. Pre-order offer now available!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - World Tour Returns For A Second Round in 2019/2020
- Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One