Razer, a leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the release of the Razer Firefly, the first hard gaming mouse mat with Razer's Chroma lighting feature. The Chroma feature adds 16.8 million color options and numerous customizable lighting effects to the mouse mat, including reactive, wave and spectrum cycling.
Razer Firefly has lighting along its left, right and bottom borders and can sync up with other Chroma enabled Razer devices for virtually limitless color combinations.
Engineered with all the trusted Razer gaming-grade performance features, the Razer Firefly has a micro-textured finish for the balance between control and speed. The optimized reflective surface ensures mouse movements translate to precise cursor movements and rapid in-game responsiveness.
"The Razer Firefly opens up a new category for the Chroma family," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. "We've designed the Razer Firefly with the best components for a gaming mouse mat, along with the new, fully-customizable Chroma lighting. No one said you can't win with style."
The Razer Firefly joins other Chroma-enabled Razer devices, including the award-winning Razer DeathAdder Chroma and Razer Naga Epic Chroma gaming mice, the Razer BlackWidow Chroma gaming keyboard and Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset. All Chroma products feature the option of 16.8 million customizable colors and a range of effects enabled through Razer's Synapse software. Synapse allows the devices to sync lighting colors and patterns between Chroma devices with the click of a button.
Razer Firefly will also be included in the Chroma SDK, with which game developers can integrate advanced lighting effects into their games for a more immersive experience.
- Micro-textured finish for balanced gameplay
- Optimized surface coating for highly responsive tracking
- Chroma customizable lighting
- Non-slip rubber base
- Razer Synapse enabled (for Chroma customizable lighting)
- Gold-plated, USB connector (to power the Chroma customizable lighting)
- Seven-foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable
- Approximate size: 355 mm / 13.98-in. (Length) x 255 mm / 10.04-in. (Width) x 4 mm / 0.16-in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 380 g / 0.84 lbs
- PC or Mac with a free USB port
- Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of hard disk space
- Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
Price: US: $59.99/EUR: 74.99€; Availability: June 2015
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases