GIGABYTE Technology, a leading creator of high performance server and workstation hardware, is happy to present today the MW70-3S0, its latest dual socket workstation motherboard based on the Intel C612 chipset. It joins the single socket MW50-SV0 to complement GIGABYTE's line of 2011-3 socket based workstation motherboards, and offers workstation builders a high-end product featuring the latest technologies and the most reliable components. The MW70-3S0 has been designed with flexibility in mind, through large memory, storage and PCI-Express platforms that will satisfy the most demanding performance requirements of professional workstation users.
With the support of 3-way NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFireX technologies, this board can support up to 3 GPU cards running at full PCI-Express Gen3 x16 bandwidth. It is therefore targeting workstation applications where a 4th GPU card doesn't bring any significant marginal output improvement. This product is an ideal motherboard to build workstations dedicated to computing and graphics intensive applications, such as:
- 3D modeling, rendering, animation, etc.
- Audio & video production
- Small scale scientific analysis & simulation
SAS 12Gb/s Storage
With an onboard LSI SAS 3008 controller, the MW70-3S0 supports up to 8 SAS drives running at 12Gb/s via two mini-SAS HD connectors. In addition to its ultra fast transfer rates, this controller is also capable of aggregating any SATA and SAS drives into a single 12Gb/s data stream thanks to the LSI DataBolt technology. Users can therefore enjoy a 12Gb/s speed while using lower grade 3Gb/s or 6Gb/s drives. This can bring a significant upgrade to a system without having to invest in new and expensive 12Gb/s SAS drives.
DDR4 Memory Performance Edge
On Intel's previous server platforms, by design the maximum supported memory frequency has always been automatically downgraded the more DIMMs were being added on a server motherboard. As this trade-off between performance and capacity represents a dilemma to many memory-hungry server applications, GIGABYTE offers a unique solution. All the GIGABYTE boards based on the LGA 2011-3 socket support by default a maximum frequency of 2133 MHz in any memory configuration.
Easy BIOS Update
Because updating the version of a BIOS can be a troublesome experience, GIGABYTE has developed an integrated function (no utility to install) that lets you update the BIOS of your motherboard(s) :
- Without having to install CPU(s), memory, drives, operating system, etc.
- Without having to power on the system (but a power supply must be connected)
- One board at a time via our standard IPMI 2.0 web interface
- Multiple boards simultaneously via command line
Intel Xeon Processors E5-2600 V3
Based on the Haswell microarchitecture, this Intel processor family features a whole new set of performance enhancing features over the previous generation. In addition to the usual boost in frequencies and core numbers, the Intel Xeon E5-2600 V3 family is the first in the server industry to support the brand new DDR4 memory technology.
Moreover, these processors include encryption performance overhead reduction features, and technologies improving run time and migration VM integrity.
DDR4 Server Memory Support
The Intel Xeon E5-2600 V3 family is the first generation of server processors to support exclusively the new DDR4 technology on the market. Still built on a quad-channel architecture, these new memory modules feature a increased stock frequency of up to 2133MHz and a lower voltage of 1.2V per module. Together, these two main improvements can not only deliver a large bandwidth performance boost to memory intensive applications, but also considerable energy savings to large scale server deployments.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Intel making self-learning CPU, acts like human brain
- Core i9-7980XE used to break 4 world records in 3DMark
- Showtime busted mining Monero on visitors' CPUs
- AMD's next-gen Vega 20 uses PCIe 4.0, arrives in Q3 2018
- Core i5-8600K has performance similar to Core i7-7700K
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM