According to a new research report from Berg Insight, global shipments of connected digital signage displays grew by 21.7 percent to 7.3 million units in 2014. Market growth is driven by greater demand for digital signage solutions in all market verticals, technological advancements and a continued decline in prices. Shipments to the EU28+2 countries totalled 1.8 million units, whereas shipments to North America reached 2.1 million units. The Rest of World region accounted for the remaining 3.4 million units shipped in the year. Berg Insight forecasts that global shipments of digital signage displays will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.7 percent in the next five years to reach 17.2 million units by 2019. As a result, the number of connected digital signage displays in active use worldwide will grow from 25.4 million in 2014 at a CAGR of 20.2 percent to 63.8 million in 2019.
A new trend in the digital signage market is the expansion in both the high-end segment and the entry-level segment. "Growth in the high-end of the market is driven by customers' needs for next-generation signage solutions, which often involve integrations with various IT systems to enable the presentation of dynamic real-time information and targeted delivery of engaging content", said Lars Kurkinen, Senior Analyst at Berg Insight. He adds that promising opportunities are emerging for software vendors that develop middleware to enable more connected and integrated digital signage experiences. The growing opportunity for entry-level digital signage systems is on the other hand fuelled primarily by the availability of new products at lower price points. "The emergence of new low-cost media players, declining prices for flat-panel displays and popularization of SaaS-based software solutions has made it easier and less costly than ever before to take a digital signage system into use", said Mr Kurkinen. The price for entry-level systems has declined to just a few hundred dollars, which is creating new opportunities in many application areas, concludes Mr Kurkinen.
Download report brochure: Digital Signage M2M and IoT Applications
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- XFX's new Radeon RX Vega 56, Vega 64 cards not factory OC'd
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Looking for the quietest air CPU cooler in the world.
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ