The Nexus portal will soon be transporting the greatest Heroes of the Storm players in the world to a new battleground-BlizzCon ®! Blizzard Entertainment today announced the first-ever global tournament series for its brand-new free-to-play online team brawler . The competition will feature regional championship tournaments for the Americas, Europe, China, Korea, and Taiwan regions, with the top eight teams duking it out at the Heroes of the Storm World Championship at BlizzCon on November 6-7 in Anaheim.
The stakes are high, with a total prize pool of over $1.2 million in cash and prizes-including $500,000 at BlizzCon. The world champion team will walk away with $200,000-and bragging rights as the best Heroes of the Storm players in the world.
The Road to BlizzCon kicks off later this month with a tournament in China, and similar events will be taking place in the Americas (including North America, Latin America, Southeast Asia, as well as Australia and New Zealand), Europe, Korea, and Taiwan regions in the weeks ahead. Everyone is encouraged to gather a team and compete in their local tournament. Details on how to sign up, as well as further event-related news, will be posted on https://www.heroesofthestorm.com .
"We're excited to kick off the inaugural Heroes of the Storm tournament series, and we can't wait to see the best teams start to distinguish themselves in battle," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "With the world championships for StarCraft II, World of Warcraft Arena, Hearthstone, and now Heroes of the Storm underway, 2015 is shaping up to be a great year for eSports fans."
Officially launching June 2, Heroes of the Storm brings together a diverse cast of iconic characters from Blizzard's far-flung realms of science fiction and fantasy, including the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo ® universes, and challenges them to compete in epic, adrenaline-charged battles. Players can choose from more than 35 Blizzard heroes and customize them to suit their play style, and then team up with friends to fight across 7 dynamic Battlegrounds-with more heroes and Battlegrounds on the way. The game features a variety of gameplay modes for players of every skill level, including a Versus A.I. mode, in which players face computer-controlled opponents, and highly competitive draft-style ranked play.
Stay tuned to https://www.heroesofthestorm.com for further news on the Heroes of the Storm World Championship tournament series, including details on how to sign up. You can also watch the tournament action unfold live on Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes ).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- Crytek starts sign-ups for Hunt: Showdown closed Alpha
- Windows 10 updates fix bricked AMD-powered PCs
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series