Synology America Corp. announced updates to the company's award-winning operating system with the launch of DiskStation Manager 5.2. The new OS offers more features to help businesses create customized storage solutions for development, backups, restoration, cloud technology, security, and caching. To improve the multimedia and mobile experience, DSM 5.2 also added refinements to Note Station, DS note, DS audio, DS photo+, and Audio Station.
"At Synology, we are constantly improving our software, so companies can access the full power of their NAS. From Docker to enhanced backups, we designed DSM 5.2 to help customers get the most all around value out of their storage," said Jason Bonoan, product marketing manager at Synology. More Development Tools. With the addition of Docker, developers and system administrators can simplify the process for creating, deploying, and running virtualized applications on Synology NAS.
Upgraded File Backups and Replication. Smart Recycling, Single File Versioning, and iSCSI LUN snapshot make it easier to backup files, restore data, and optimize storage for greater efficiency. iSCSI LUN snapshots guarantee data consistency. When combined with Smart Recycling, users can set the NAS to automatically delete redundant file versions, and free up storage for other uses.
Added Security for Cloud Technology, File Syncing, and Encryption. Cloud Sync now offers one-way sync to help prevent unauthorized file updates. Additional advancements allow data encryption before it is transferred to the Cloud. The new DSM 5.2 also supports SMB 3 encryption for more security options.
SSD Caching that Uses 90 Percent Less Memory. With the DSM 5.2, SSD caching memory requirements have been reduced by 90 percent compared to the DSM 5.1. Now, IT departments can lower acquisition costs for memory.
Improved Organizational Tools for Better Project Management. Updates to Note station and DS note make it easier to create, organize, and use to-do lists.
Better Music Streaming. With enhancements to DS audio and Audio Station, users can navigate playlists with greater ease, while enjoying better sound quality.
The Ultimate Slideshow. For captivating slideshows and presentations, DS photo+ has added support for Chromecast and DLNA-compatible devices, so users can display photos on their TV screens.
The Synology DSM 5.2 is free for users who own a DiskStation, RackStation, or Embedded DataStation x10 series and onward.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam