Synology America Corp. announced updates to the company's award-winning operating system with the launch of DiskStation Manager 5.2. The new OS offers more features to help businesses create customized storage solutions for development, backups, restoration, cloud technology, security, and caching. To improve the multimedia and mobile experience, DSM 5.2 also added refinements to Note Station, DS note, DS audio, DS photo+, and Audio Station.
"At Synology, we are constantly improving our software, so companies can access the full power of their NAS. From Docker to enhanced backups, we designed DSM 5.2 to help customers get the most all around value out of their storage," said Jason Bonoan, product marketing manager at Synology. More Development Tools. With the addition of Docker, developers and system administrators can simplify the process for creating, deploying, and running virtualized applications on Synology NAS.
Upgraded File Backups and Replication. Smart Recycling, Single File Versioning, and iSCSI LUN snapshot make it easier to backup files, restore data, and optimize storage for greater efficiency. iSCSI LUN snapshots guarantee data consistency. When combined with Smart Recycling, users can set the NAS to automatically delete redundant file versions, and free up storage for other uses.
Added Security for Cloud Technology, File Syncing, and Encryption. Cloud Sync now offers one-way sync to help prevent unauthorized file updates. Additional advancements allow data encryption before it is transferred to the Cloud. The new DSM 5.2 also supports SMB 3 encryption for more security options.
SSD Caching that Uses 90 Percent Less Memory. With the DSM 5.2, SSD caching memory requirements have been reduced by 90 percent compared to the DSM 5.1. Now, IT departments can lower acquisition costs for memory.
Improved Organizational Tools for Better Project Management. Updates to Note station and DS note make it easier to create, organize, and use to-do lists.
Better Music Streaming. With enhancements to DS audio and Audio Station, users can navigate playlists with greater ease, while enjoying better sound quality.
The Ultimate Slideshow. For captivating slideshows and presentations, DS photo+ has added support for Chromecast and DLNA-compatible devices, so users can display photos on their TV screens.
The Synology DSM 5.2 is free for users who own a DiskStation, RackStation, or Embedded DataStation x10 series and onward.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Need for Speed: Payback teased at 4K on GTX 1080 Ti
- AMD is making a self-driving AI processor for Tesla
- Fortnite has a PUBG-style Battle Royale game mode coming
- Google buys HTC's mobile division for $1.1 billion
- Project CARS 2 dev working on Fast and the Furious game
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower