Frostburn Studios, a subsidiary of Garena Online, announced today that it will be the new official game developer for Heroes of Newerth (HoN), the popular online multiplayer game. With over 30 million registered gamers, the current HoN development team will be seamlessly integrated into Frostburn Studios, to ensure minimal impact on user experience and game continuity.
The announcement coincides with HoN's fifth anniversary, with long-time HoN veteran Brad Bower heading up the newly established Frostburn Studios. His focus will be on establishing deeper community engagements and delivering quality in-game experiences, to better serve HoN's growing gamer base.
Following the acquisition, Garena will hand over the reins to Frostburn Studios, and continue to provide strategic advice to the team. This will give Frostburn Studios full autonomy over the game's operations and upcoming initiatives. Under Frostburn Studio's management, HoN fans will also experience a more interactive and intensive gaming environment with large-scale tournaments, increased game stability and more in-game features. To better serve the community's needs, Frostburn Studios has further bolstered its team of seasoned, passionate and talented professionals from the industry.
"We're delighted that Heroes of Newerth has found a new home with us at Frostburn Studios. Garena has a great track record of helping established game titles achieve their fullest potential, while still retaining the core values and spirit that made them unique. Garena's traditional strength has also been in helping games scale up their success, and we're confident that with their support, Frostburn Studios can take HoN's popularity to a whole new level," said Brad Bower, Studio Director of Frostburn Studios.
"We found a lot of synergy in how Garena and HoN work, and are extremely excited to welcome them to the Garena family. Having achieved immense growth within Asia, we are striving to extend HoN's success to America and Europe." said Mars Zhou, Senior Director of Garena Online.
"After working with Garena and witnessing the success we had with HoN in Southeast Asia, I couldn't be more confident in Heroes of Newerth's future," said Marc DeForst, CEO of S2 Games. "Heroes of Newerth will always have a special place in my heart and I know the dedicated staff at Frostburn Studios will continue to give the game the love and passion it deserves."
To celebrate HoN's fifth anniversary, Frostburn Studios has also introduced a variety of new in-game features such as new game mode and new heroes, to provide additional rewards and excitement for HoN gamers.
About Frostburn Studios
Born in the heart of Kalamazoo, Michigan, Frostburn Studios is a game development and publishing studio with a mission to deliver the most comprehensive and enjoyable gaming experiences. The tight-knit team comprises some of the industry's brightest and most inquisitive minds.
With a commitment to integrity and respect, Frostburn is determined to create a level playing field for gamers from all walks of life. The passionate team also places a strong emphasis on ethical gaming practices, and is devoted to the welfare of those who support them and proponents of video games as a force for good.
Frostburn Studios seeks to serve the community and redefine gaming experiences for all.
For more information, visit http://www.frostburnstudios.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit