Independent game developer OPQAM and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP announced today that Project Root has now launched on the PlayStation ®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft via the [email protected] self-publishing program. A modern remake of the shoot 'em up (SHMUP) action genre, Project Root features platform cross-buy for Sony gamers, allowing them to purchase the game once and receive both PlayStation versions: PS4 and PS Vita.
To celebrate the game launch Project Root is available for the limited time promotional price for PS Plus and Xbox Games with Gold members of $6.99 on all platforms (a 30% discount from the SRP of $9.99).
Watch the frenetic gameplay in action HERE
"Any gamer looking for a supremely wild, frenzied and challenging experience should definitely check out Project Root," said Pablo Testa, Technical Director at OPQAM. "Steam players and hardcore SHMUP fans alike have been waging war against the evil Prometheus Corporation for some time now, so we're very excited our PlayStation and Xbox gamer friends are today getting that same chance."
Project Root features a truly frenetic pace of shoot 'em up (SHUMP) style action, tasking players with taking out numerous targets, both on the ground and in the air, while simultaneously dodging an insane amount of on-screen enemy projectiles. With eight different and wide-open levels to fight through and light RPG upgrade elements to utilize along the way, gamers will take on the role of rebel ace Lance Rockport who pilots the advanced F-72 Zonda hover fighter against the ruthless Prometheus Corporation hell-bent on world domination.
Review codes for Project Root are available for the media, livestream and YouTube creators - please contact Anthony Chau ( [email protected] ).
Latest News Posts
- Join the fight in our 'Alita: Battle Angel' Blu-ray giveaway
- Bloodborne is getting its very own physical vinyl soundtrack
- Eddie Murphy might be come back to stand-up comedy for $70m
- The Witcher TV show will NEVER adapt the video games
- 'Holy Grail' of computer science found in Quantum Computing
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Nowhere Prophet out now on Steam
- Soul Searching is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!
- Batter Up! Metalhead Software to Launch Super Mega Baseball 2: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch July 25
- Represent Your Identity and New Ideas with .id Domain Name
- Asmodee Digital Reveals Pandemic's Announcement Trailer, Launch Date and Price