Independent game developer OPQAM and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP announced today that Project Root has now launched on the PlayStation ®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program. A modern remake of the shoot 'em up (SHMUP) action genre, Project Root features platform cross-buy for Sony gamers, allowing them to purchase the game once and receive both PlayStation versions: PS4 and PS Vita.
To celebrate the game launch Project Root is available for the limited time promotional price for PS Plus and Xbox Games with Gold members of $6.99 on all platforms (a 30% discount from the SRP of $9.99).
Watch the frenetic gameplay in action HERE
"Any gamer looking for a supremely wild, frenzied and challenging experience should definitely check out Project Root," said Pablo Testa, Technical Director at OPQAM. "Steam players and hardcore SHMUP fans alike have been waging war against the evil Prometheus Corporation for some time now, so we're very excited our PlayStation and Xbox gamer friends are today getting that same chance."
Project Root features a truly frenetic pace of shoot 'em up (SHUMP) style action, tasking players with taking out numerous targets, both on the ground and in the air, while simultaneously dodging an insane amount of on-screen enemy projectiles. With eight different and wide-open levels to fight through and light RPG upgrade elements to utilize along the way, gamers will take on the role of rebel ace Lance Rockport who pilots the advanced F-72 Zonda hover fighter against the ruthless Prometheus Corporation hell-bent on world domination.
Review codes for Project Root are available for the media, livestream and YouTube creators - please contact Anthony Chau ( email@example.com ).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit