GALAX, a leading manufacturer and innovator of extreme performance gaming hardware, today announced the long awaited custom water-cooled HOF series. Pushing the limits is the Hall of Fame series' reason for being-fueling the passion for World record breaking overclocks and peerless in-game performance. This passion is rivaled only by GALAX's dedication to engineering the most capable, powerful and uncompromized hardware for the task, and the results have earned HOF series video cards a reputation as the best since their global debut in 2013.
Working in-conjunction with Diamond Cooling based in Europe, specialists in all things custom and cool, GALAX has developed a water cooling solution designed to fully unleash the raw potential of the GTX 980 and 970 HOF video cards with the unprecedented cooling capacity needed for extreme overclocks.
The design philosophy for the new Hall of Fame waterblock is based on five pillars of performance cooler engineering: Full PCB coverage, active cooling for all key components, no top cover plates hiding parts of the block, a clean yet strong design and zero compromise in cooling efficiency and coolant flow. Only the best materials make the cut for the waterblock's construction, ensuring superior quality in every piece.
GTX 970/980 HOF Key Features:
- Completely redesigned PCB layout from the ground up, optimised for GM204
- 10 layer manufacturing process in HOF signature pure white colour
- Extended PCB width for optimised layout and cleaner signal
- Next generation IR3595 Digital PWM controller provides 2X switching frequency vs. previous generation
- 8 phase GPU + 2 phase memory power
- IR3555 with next gen DrMOS and 60A output
- Aerospace-grade GALAXExtreme Power Inductors provide ultra-long life, high endurance and low noise vs. normal power inductors
- Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing fan speed and maximum power delivered to the GPU with the push of a button
- Voltage tool (developed by enthusiasts) allows voltage beyond stock limits
- Hardware dual BIOS simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customization
Water Block Key Features:
- Fits both GALAX GTX 970 and GTX 980 Hall Of Fame video cards
- Custom engineered design to maximize coolant flow and heat transfer
- Pure copper blocks
- Full active cooling for all key components
- Nickel plating
- PETG acrylic / white acetal top
- Full PCB coverage including power connectors
- Universal 1/4 inch coolant ports for compatibility with most water cooling systems
- Coolant channel specially built for optimal flow with bidirectional hookups