Toshiba's Lightest Fully-Featured Notebook is also the World's Greenest
Toshiba Portege R600 Scores First Place in Greenpeace's "Green Electronics Survey 2008"
Sydney, 18 February 2009 - In its latest environmental achievement, Toshiba has scored the first place with its ultra-portable notebook, the Portege R600, that was nominated as the worlds 'greenest' notebook according to a recent Greenpeace survey: "The Green Electronics Survey 2008". The annual survey, which evaluates the greenest electronic products on the market, scores Toshiba as the highest for the elimination of hazardous chemicals in its Portege R600 notebook - beating all other manufacturers and winning the notebook category.
"Toshiba continues leading innovation in mobile computing technology and is leading the charge to help users reduce their environmental impact," says Mark Whittard, general manager, Toshiba ISD ANZ. "This award is testament to Toshiba's long-standing commitment to sustainable environmental practices in the design and manufacture of its products and solutions."
The Portege R600, the world's lightest fully-featured notebook, has restricted the use of hazardous chemicals such as cadmium, mercury and lead from batteries and other components. The ultra- portable notebook is also ENERGY STAR® 4.0 compliant, features a LED backlit display, the latest CPUs, the option for a Solid State Drive (SSD) as a storage medium that results in low energy consumption and long battery life, further reducing its environmental impact.
With the ongoing growth of the PC market, Toshiba also remains committed to notebook recycling. Toshiba's E-cycle initiative is a program offering businesses and consumers the ability to do the right thing and divert their pre-loved Toshiba Notebooks from landfill.
For further information on the Toshiba Portege R600, please visit http://www.isd.toshiba.com.au. To see the results of the Greenpeace Green Electronics Survey, visit: http://www.greenpeace.org/international/press/reports/green-electronics-survey-2
Toshiba's Information Systems Division (ISD) is a division of Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, the seventh largest integrated manufacturer of electric and electronic equipment, with around 191,000 employees worldwide, and annual sales of over A$73billion on a consolidated basis.
Unique among vendors, Toshiba ISD specialises exclusively in mobile solutions and services. A global reputation for quality has been achieved through an R&D budget, roughly equal to Australia's total expenditure as a country in this area. Toshiba ISD extended its business in 2007 to include Toshiba's audio visual (AV) products. This expansion is a consolidation of the company's IT and AV technology offerings and drives Toshiba Corporation to be a key player in the Australian computing and home entertainment market.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ