Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the arrival of the Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD. The OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD is the pinnacle of fast, high-capacity, direct attached Thunderbolt 2 storage. Engineered to meet the extreme demands of content professionals, Viper Pro features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports and delivers extreme performance with sustained speeds up to 1350 MB/s.
Speed, Capacity and Flexibility. All in One. The Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD will be available in two capacity options, 4 TB and 8 TB, which deliver versatile, pro-level performance for any workflow. With bandwidth to spare, not only does the Viper deliver big capacity and big speeds, it comes with the flexibility of Thunderbolt 2 connectivity and the power to use it comprehensively, supporting multi-stream, uncompressed 4K video and bus-powered daisy chains.
Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD Features
- 4 TB and 8 TB capacities
- Speeds up to 1350 MB/s
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 interfaces
- Daisy-chain support for additional Thunderbolt devices
- Aluminum design with a variable speed fan for quiet cooling
- Three-year limited warranty.
"Viper Pro is one of our most exciting new products and another example of our commitment to building the absolute best solutions for our customers," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "This is an extremely fast, high capacity and reliable Thunderbolt External SSD. We're looking forward to showing it off this year at NAB."
- 4 TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD $2,999
- 8 TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD $4,799
The Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD will be available in the summer of 2015.
Latest News Posts
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- Flamethrower drones are real and you can get yours for $1499
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access