Other World Computing (OWC), a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the arrival of the Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD. The OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD is the pinnacle of fast, high-capacity, direct attached Thunderbolt 2 storage. Engineered to meet the extreme demands of content professionals, Viper Pro features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports and delivers extreme performance with sustained speeds up to 1350 MB/s.
Speed, Capacity and Flexibility. All in One. The Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD will be available in two capacity options, 4 TB and 8 TB, which deliver versatile, pro-level performance for any workflow. With bandwidth to spare, not only does the Viper deliver big capacity and big speeds, it comes with the flexibility of Thunderbolt 2 connectivity and the power to use it comprehensively, supporting multi-stream, uncompressed 4K video and bus-powered daisy chains.
Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD Features
- 4 TB and 8 TB capacities
- Speeds up to 1350 MB/s
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 interfaces
- Daisy-chain support for additional Thunderbolt devices
- Aluminum design with a variable speed fan for quiet cooling
- Three-year limited warranty.
"Viper Pro is one of our most exciting new products and another example of our commitment to building the absolute best solutions for our customers," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "This is an extremely fast, high capacity and reliable Thunderbolt External SSD. We're looking forward to showing it off this year at NAB."
- 4 TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD $2,999
- 8 TB Viper Pro Thunderbolt SSD $4,799
The Viper Pro Thunderbolt external SSD will be available in the summer of 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit