AMD today announced that the AMD Embedded R-Series accelerated processing unit (APU), previously codenamed "Bald Eagle," is powering the latest set-back-box (SBB) digital media players from Samsung Electronics, Co., Ltd. With high performance, low power, and broad connectivity, the new Samsung SBB-B64DV4 is an ideal fit for demanding signage applications that transform Samsung SMART Signage Displays into inclusive digital tools for a wide range of business needs.
Using AMD's Embedded R-Series APUs, Samsung SBB media players for digital signage deliver breakthrough HD graphics performance and support multi-video stream capabilities up to two displays, all in a power efficient and ultra-compact form factor.
"Digital signage is a key vertical for the AMD Embedded business," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "The AMD Embedded R-Series APU enables leading digital signage providers to harness high levels of compute and graphics performance within a low-power design envelope. AMD Embedded Solutions help designers at Samsung achieve aggressive form factor goals and drive down system costs while providing the rich multimedia their digital signage customers' demand."
The AMD Embedded RX-425BB APU combines a high performance x86 CPU with an integrated, discrete-class AMD Radeon R6 graphics processing unit (GPU) in a low-power configuration to minimize heat dissipation constraints and meet demanding energy efficiency requirements. The processor utilizes AMD's latest Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, created for advanced graphics applications and parallel processing capabilities.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes