QNAP, Inc. proudly announced that the new Plex Media Server app has been published and is available for the TS-x31 Turbo NAS line up via free download in the QTS App Center. By installing the Plex Media Server app on to your QNAP NAS, you can view your favorite videos, movies, TV shows, music, and photos via popular media streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, or Chromecast, as well as your smart TV.
Plex is a clever way of discovering, organizing, sharing, and enjoying media. It allows users to organize all their media across different platforms in one convenient place. Plex can search and find a video, fling it to a smart TV or streaming device for enjoyment, then pause and continue on iOS, Android, or Windows mobile devices. You can also access Plex via laptop or even through game consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox game consoles as well. Content can be easily recommended and even shared to friends. Plex is a subscription-based service and offers access to premium content. Get the full story at the Plex website.
"The Plex Media Server is one of the most recognized subscription-based services allowing personal content to be not only consumed but also shared," said Erick Oliveros of QNAP. "By adding the app to QNAP's TS-x31 ARM-based lineup, we've enabled the Turbo NAS to be a convenient place to store all the content and serve it up to the customer, whether they are in their home or on the go."
The new Plex Media Server app joins a growing number of world-class apps available to run on the QNAP QTS platform. Interested to make your app compatible? QNAP makes it easy with a well-documented development environment. Check out our developer area for more information.
You can download the Plex Media Server App by clicking here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard