QNAP, Inc. proudly announced that the new Plex Media Server app has been published and is available for the TS-x31 Turbo NAS line up via free download in the QTS App Center. By installing the Plex Media Server app on to your QNAP NAS, you can view your favorite videos, movies, TV shows, music, and photos via popular media streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, or Chromecast, as well as your smart TV.
Plex is a clever way of discovering, organizing, sharing, and enjoying media. It allows users to organize all their media across different platforms in one convenient place. Plex can search and find a video, fling it to a smart TV or streaming device for enjoyment, then pause and continue on iOS, Android, or Windows mobile devices. You can also access Plex via laptop or even through game consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox game consoles as well. Content can be easily recommended and even shared to friends. Plex is a subscription-based service and offers access to premium content. Get the full story at the Plex website.
"The Plex Media Server is one of the most recognized subscription-based services allowing personal content to be not only consumed but also shared," said Erick Oliveros of QNAP. "By adding the app to QNAP's TS-x31 ARM-based lineup, we've enabled the Turbo NAS to be a convenient place to store all the content and serve it up to the customer, whether they are in their home or on the go."
The new Plex Media Server app joins a growing number of world-class apps available to run on the QNAP QTS platform. Interested to make your app compatible? QNAP makes it easy with a well-documented development environment. Check out our developer area for more information.
You can download the Plex Media Server App by clicking here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit