QNAP, Inc. proudly announced that the new Plex Media Server app has been published and is available for the TS-x31 Turbo NAS line up via free download in the QTS App Center. By installing the Plex Media Server app on to your QNAP NAS, you can view your favorite videos, movies, TV shows, music, and photos via popular media streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, or Chromecast, as well as your smart TV.
Plex is a clever way of discovering, organizing, sharing, and enjoying media. It allows users to organize all their media across different platforms in one convenient place. Plex can search and find a video, fling it to a smart TV or streaming device for enjoyment, then pause and continue on iOS, Android, or Windows mobile devices. You can also access Plex via laptop or even through game consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox game consoles as well. Content can be easily recommended and even shared to friends. Plex is a subscription-based service and offers access to premium content. Get the full story at the Plex website.
"The Plex Media Server is one of the most recognized subscription-based services allowing personal content to be not only consumed but also shared," said Erick Oliveros of QNAP. "By adding the app to QNAP's TS-x31 ARM-based lineup, we've enabled the Turbo NAS to be a convenient place to store all the content and serve it up to the customer, whether they are in their home or on the go."
The new Plex Media Server app joins a growing number of world-class apps available to run on the QNAP QTS platform. Interested to make your app compatible? QNAP makes it easy with a well-documented development environment. Check out our developer area for more information.
You can download the Plex Media Server App by clicking here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard