Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the world leader in advanced memory technology, today introduced a high-performance mobile memory storage based on Embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) 5.0 technology. The new 128-gigabyte (GB), 3-bit NAND-based eMMC 5.0 storage is targeted at the smartphone and tablet mass markets.
"With the introduction of our value-focused, 3-bit NAND-based eMMC 5.0 line-up, we expect to take the lead in the expansion of high-density mobile storage," said Dr. Jung-Bae Lee, Senior Vice President of Memory Product Planning and Application Engineering Team, Samsung Electronics. "We are continuing to enhance our next-generation embedded mobile memory offerings with improved performance and higher densities to meet increasing customer demand across the mobile industry."
While flagship smartphones are already transitioning to 128GB memory storage based on Universal Flash Storage (UFS) 2.0 or eMMC 5.1 standards, mid-market smartphones will now be able to increase their storage capacity to 128GB as well. Samsung's new 3-bit 128GB eMMC 5.0 memory speeds up this transition as the industry's highest density eMMC 5.0 solution.
The new 128GB eMMC 5.0 delivers 260 megabytes per second (MB/s) for sequential data reading, which is the same level of performance as that of MLC NAND-based eMMC 5.1 memory. For random data read and write operations, it can handle up to 6,000 IOPS (input/output operations per second) and 5,000 IOPS, respectively, which is sufficient for supporting high definition video processing and advanced multi-tasking features. These IOPS speeds are approximately four and 10 times faster, respectively, than those of a typical external memory card.
With the new 3-bit eMMC 5.0 line-up, Samsung has extended its 3-bit NAND business from SSDs for data centers, servers and PCs to the entire mobile memory storage market. Samsung will continue to broaden its application of 3-bit NAND Flash memory by developing higher-performance and higher-density solutions, as well as strengthening the competitiveness of its memory business.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Legislators: Battlefront II is a Star Wars online casino
- Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age breaks 1 million sales
- Square Enix explains why it cut off Hitman dev
- ThinkPad Black Friday sale has a giant 35% off coupon
- Nintendo Switch drives Gamestop hardware sales
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ