Toshiba Corporation has achieved an areal density of one terabit per square inch (1Tbit/ in2) within a 2.5-inch client hard disk drive (HDD). This newest disk drive innovation delivers 3TB capacity using a 750GB per platter in a 15mm 2.5-inch HDD and increases areal density over Toshiba's prior generation of client HDDs by 40 percent. Toshiba is dedicated to developing new technologies to increase storage performance and capacities in consumer electronics. Toshiba's high areal density HDDs will be available in new products shipping later this year.
For more information on Toshiba's line of industry-leading SSDs, HDDs and SSHDs, visit https://www.toshibastorage.com. To connect with Toshiba Storage, visit the corporate blog at http://storage.toshiba.com/corporateblog/ and follow @ToshibaStorage on Twitter.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower