Synology America Corp. today announced that the DiskStation DS215j is now available for purchase and the DS115 will be available next week. "The DS215j and the DS115 were delayed in Q4 due to the west coast dock issues, and with this behind us, we've seen a lot of demand for these new models, and we're really excited to see them available in the US and soon in Canada," said Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp.
The DiskStations are powered by a dual-core processor with Floating-Point Unit (FPU) that unlocks its power in multitasking and multimedia processing. The platform upgrade enables the DS215j to deliver average read speeds over 111 MB/sec and average writes over 87 MB/sec, a 19% gain in writing compared with its predecessor, while keeping its power consumption as low as 13.4 watts in full operation and 5.3 watts when hard drives hibernate. The addition of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface further boosts its file transfer speeds.
By leveraging Synology Surveillance Station, the DS215j is also a full-featured network video recorder. It supports up to 10 channels of simultaneous high-definition footage streaming at 240 FPS in 720p. The DS215j comes with 2 free IP camera licenses and supports up to 10 cameras, making it an ideal surveillance solution for homes and small offices.
The DS215j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that provides a host of applications to bring better productivity at work and offer a new level of multimedia experience. Synology was named Best NAS Device Brand, voted for by PC Pro readers, with over a quarter of all NAS drives bought by PC Pro readers made by Synology.
Latest News Posts
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!