Synology America Corp. today announced that the DiskStation DS215j is now available for purchase and the DS115 will be available next week. "The DS215j and the DS115 were delayed in Q4 due to the west coast dock issues, and with this behind us, we've seen a lot of demand for these new models, and we're really excited to see them available in the US and soon in Canada," said Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp.
The DiskStations are powered by a dual-core processor with Floating-Point Unit (FPU) that unlocks its power in multitasking and multimedia processing. The platform upgrade enables the DS215j to deliver average read speeds over 111 MB/sec and average writes over 87 MB/sec, a 19% gain in writing compared with its predecessor, while keeping its power consumption as low as 13.4 watts in full operation and 5.3 watts when hard drives hibernate. The addition of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface further boosts its file transfer speeds.
By leveraging Synology Surveillance Station, the DS215j is also a full-featured network video recorder. It supports up to 10 channels of simultaneous high-definition footage streaming at 240 FPS in 720p. The DS215j comes with 2 free IP camera licenses and supports up to 10 cameras, making it an ideal surveillance solution for homes and small offices.
The DS215j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that provides a host of applications to bring better productivity at work and offer a new level of multimedia experience. Synology was named Best NAS Device Brand, voted for by PC Pro readers, with over a quarter of all NAS drives bought by PC Pro readers made by Synology.
Latest News Posts
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- Mars' past climate proves it had enough time to develop life
- Flamethrower drones are real and you can get yours for $1499
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access