Synology America Corp. today announced that the DiskStation DS215j is now available for purchase and the DS115 will be available next week. "The DS215j and the DS115 were delayed in Q4 due to the west coast dock issues, and with this behind us, we've seen a lot of demand for these new models, and we're really excited to see them available in the US and soon in Canada," said Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp.
The DiskStations are powered by a dual-core processor with Floating-Point Unit (FPU) that unlocks its power in multitasking and multimedia processing. The platform upgrade enables the DS215j to deliver average read speeds over 111 MB/sec and average writes over 87 MB/sec, a 19% gain in writing compared with its predecessor, while keeping its power consumption as low as 13.4 watts in full operation and 5.3 watts when hard drives hibernate. The addition of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface further boosts its file transfer speeds.
By leveraging Synology Surveillance Station, the DS215j is also a full-featured network video recorder. It supports up to 10 channels of simultaneous high-definition footage streaming at 240 FPS in 720p. The DS215j comes with 2 free IP camera licenses and supports up to 10 cameras, making it an ideal surveillance solution for homes and small offices.
The DS215j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that provides a host of applications to bring better productivity at work and offer a new level of multimedia experience. Synology was named Best NAS Device Brand, voted for by PC Pro readers, with over a quarter of all NAS drives bought by PC Pro readers made by Synology.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard