The fastest, most versatile I/O in any desktop of any size, Up To 25x Faster than firewire800, Thunderbolt 2 technology in ST4-TB is phenomenally fast. The two Thunderbolt 2 ports on ST4-TB features dual 20-Gbps channels for data transfer and that's up to four times faster than USB 3. But beyond speed, Thunderbolt gives you unprecedented expansion capabilities. You can daisy-chain as many as six Thunderbolt devices to a single port. And since Thunderbolt is based on Display Port technology, Mini Display Port devices like Apple LED Cinema Display can plugs right in, too.
For field editing applications, the ST4-TB can be made portable as it comes with a grip handle, which you can choose to install for making creative contents mobile convenient and less bulky. With two optional storage modes, user can choose between RAID 0 and independent mode. In RAID 0 mode, the enclosed four drives will be striped and combined into one large volume for storage to enhance the data transfer speed performance. Under the Independent mode, the enclosed drives are seen as four separate volumes instead of one single volume.
The new ST4-TB is equipped with RAID 0 storage mode, which enables user to attain up to 724MB/s read speed with ST4-TB's Thunderbolt transmission interface. Whether it is used for searching and editing photo galleries, or video editing and synthesis, it promises to deliver a smooth and easy operation.
Testing conducted by STARDOM in December 2014 using an Apple Mac Pro 3.7GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon E5 with 12GB RAM running Mac 0S X 10.10. Four drives ( HGST 8TB SATA III 7200 rpm ) and two SSD ( Adata 64G SATA III ) were used as the test volume when AJA tests were performed.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series