S3 Graphics Chrome 540 GTX: The World's Most Connected Hi-Def Card
HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI unite on the Chrome 540 GTX to offer the ultimate in affordable HD playback
Fremont, California, 12 February 2009 - S3 Graphics today announced the latest addition to its power-efficient Chrome 500 Series graphics processor family, with the unveiling of an 850MHz clocked GDDR3 based Chrome 540 GTX. Today's users can convert an ordinary PC into a Hi-Def entertainment powerhouse for Dual-Stream Blu-ray and HD videos, using the newly defined DisplayPort digital interface, HDMI and Dual-Link DVI for seamless connectivity to the latest digital monitors and HDTVs.
Today's multimedia enthusiasts require extra GPU horsepower to perform high-quality HD video decoding, image post-processing, and stunning color enhancement when displaying the latest HD content on Blu-ray or streaming video-on-demand. With the Chrome 540 GTX, you now have the power to bring every movie experience to life, and enjoy bonus footage through Picture-in-Picture, all while enjoying 8 channels of high fidelity audio with the S3 Graphics built-in Dolby® 7.1 digital surround sound processor.
DirectX® 10.1 and OpenGL 3.0 applications on Microsoft® Windows® and Linux platforms can be effectively run using the Chrome 540 GTX programmable shader cores to speed up 3D games, non-gaming rendering applications, and other visual processing functions using the built-in GPGPU engine.
Add-in cards featuring the Chrome 540 GTX, bundled free with WinDVD8 for Blu-ray playback, is now available on S3 Graphics GStore online retail outlet.
"S3 Graphics has continued to introduce new visualization technologies to the market by adding another feature-rich product to our growing portfolio of key graphics and display processors," said Dr. Ken Weng, GM for S3 Graphics. "Our new Chrome 540 GTX card brings features usually found only in enthusiast grade products to mainstream users, making the latest innovative technologies available to all."
Hi-Def Like Never Before
The S3 Graphics Chrome 540 GTX gives multimedia users the perfect balance of DirectX 10.1 / OpenGL 3.0 graphics performance, high-quality Picture-in-Picture Blu-ray playback, and a high-speed, high-throughput 64-bit GDDR3 memory bus interface running at 850 MHz. Display connections use the latest VESA DisplayPort standard, HDMI, dual-link DVI-I, and an optional CRT interface using a DVI-to-CRT dongle for the latest high resolution display support.
The Chrome 540 GTX incorporates a high performance ChromotionHD 2.0 video processor unit (VPU), advanced filtering, and clear-image post-processing to perform ultra smooth decoding of MPEG-4/AVC (H.264), MPEG-2, and VC-1 for Blu-ray and HD video. To further enhance operation for home theatre and CE applications that demand cool-and-quiet operation, the Chrome 540 GTX features PowerWise technology for Green Computing to "Reduce the Heat" without compromising performance, features, or quality.
More information on the S3 Graphics Chrome 540 GTX may be found on the S3 Graphics website at: http://www.s3graphics.com/en/products/chrome_540gtx/
Images of the S3 Graphics 540 GTX can be found here:
About S3 Graphics
S3 Graphics is a leading provider of innovative graphics visualization technologies for the notebook and desktop markets. As a quality supplier to the OEM and retail markets, S3 Graphics powers consumer, corporate and multimedia platforms to bring best-in-class energy efficiency, graphics/video performance, and visual features to the user. Our long-term commitment to customers is to bring reliability, quality, performance and state-of-the-art features to the forefront of PC applications. https://www.s3graphics.com
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit