Today, Intel unveiled the 5th Generation Intel Core processor family. Built on Intel's cutting edge 14nm manufacturing process, the 5th Gen Intel Core processors deliver premium performance, stunning visuals and enables improved battery life to take computing to the next level. The performance also provides the foundation for more natural and interactive experiences with Intel RealSense technology, Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi) and voice assistants.
With the "Broadwell" micro-architecture expected to be the fastest mobile transition in company history, offering consumers a broad selection and availability of devices, the 5th Gen Intel Core processors are purpose-built for the next generation of compute devices offering a thin, light and more efficient experience across traditional notebooks, 2 in 1s, Ultrabook devices, Chromebooks, All-In-One desktop PCs and mini PCs.
Intel also started shipping its next generation 14nm processor for tablets, codenamed "Cherry Trail". The new system on a chip will offer new user experiences such as Intel RealSense technology, no wires, no password and Intel Context Aware technology capabilities. New products based on "Cherry Trail" will be introduced starting in the first half of 2015.
For more information on both products, view the 5th Gen Intel Core and Cherry Trail fact sheet.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit