Seagate Technology plc, the pioneer in wireless storage, continues to grow its family of wireless storage solutions with the debut of Seagate Wireless, a 500 GB portable wireless drive designed for streaming and offloading of media from mobile devices. The new Seagate Wireless offers more space to carry everything consumers want on their mobile devices and alleviates the challenge of running out of storage space on smartphones and tablets. Seagate Wireless provides a solution to stream your favorite HD video on your Android Tablet or Smartphone, iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Windows 8 computers and Windows RT tablets.
The new Seagate Wireless drive comes in a range of vibrant colors. There is a color to coordinate with one's wardrobe, mood, or mobile accessories. Available Seagate Wireless color options include lime green, cool blue, slate grey, fire-engine red and white.
With space for up to 200 HD movies, people will never be without entertainment, even when on the road without Internet access. By freeing up precious space on people's tablets and smartphones, the Seagate Wireless drive will become a mobile devices' favorite companion. Enjoying saved content is now a social activity when using Seagate Wireless, which provides the capability to share the contents of the drive with streams for up to three connected devices simultaneously.
"Seagate pioneered the product category of wireless storage devices and is pleased at how the category has grown over the years," said Patrick Connolly, vice president of Seagate branded innovations. "The latest generation of Seagate Wireless extends that legacy and makes the wireless streaming experience broadly available to far more consumers."
Seagate Wireless storage is accessed through the free mobile Seagate Media app for Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire HD, Windows 8 tablets. Mobile devices connect to Seagate Wireless over a Wi-Fi connection, which the battery-powered drive emits once powered on. Simply connect to the drive by searching for Seagate Wireless in available Wi-Fi networks from any device. The drive emits its own Wi-Fi signal, eliminating the need to be within range of an existing network connection.
Additionally, Seagate Wireless can be used to enjoy video, photos, music and even documents on the big screen via Apple Airplay, Google Chromecast, or an app designed specifically for Samsung and LG Smart TVs and Roku players.
Pricing and Availability:
Seagate Wireless will be available from Amazon, Best Buy and Seagate.com by early February for a MSRP of $129.99. Seagate Media app is currently available for free from popular app stores.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit