ADAPTEC NAMES SCOTT CLELAND DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Industry Veteran to Lead Worldwide Marketing Efforts for Adaptec-branded Products
MILPITAS, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Cleland to Director of Marketing. With nearly 25 years of storage experience and nearly 10 years of senior-level marketing experience, Cleland will lead Adaptec's global marketing activities for the company's innovative Adaptec-branded products.
"Extensive storage industry experience and a strong track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing programs makes Scott an ideal candidate to lead global marketing efforts for Adaptec's rich portfolio of products," said Vipul Mehta, vice president, Marketing, Adaptec. "As Adaptec continues to provide high-performance, innovative solutions to leading channel partners, OEMs, system builders and IT integrators, his industry knowledge and proven leadership will be instrumental in Adaptec's ongoing success. I am very excited to have Scott on Adaptec's marketing team."
Prior to joining Adaptec, Cleland served as the director of worldwide marketing for AMCC's storage division, 3ware®. At 3ware, he was responsible for coordinating and leading comprehensive global inbound/outbound product marketing and channel marketing efforts. He served as the primary product and technology evangelist to customers, industry press and analysts. Cleland was a key contributor in 3ware achieving the number one serial storage channel vendor status for two consecutive years.
Before joining AMCC, Cleland was director of product marketing and technical marketing for IBM's Mylex storage division, and previously held marketing positions at Archive, Exabyte, BusLogic, and Conner Peripherals.
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at https://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard