ADAPTEC NAMES SCOTT CLELAND DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Industry Veteran to Lead Worldwide Marketing Efforts for Adaptec-branded Products
MILPITAS, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Cleland to Director of Marketing. With nearly 25 years of storage experience and nearly 10 years of senior-level marketing experience, Cleland will lead Adaptec's global marketing activities for the company's innovative Adaptec-branded products.
"Extensive storage industry experience and a strong track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing programs makes Scott an ideal candidate to lead global marketing efforts for Adaptec's rich portfolio of products," said Vipul Mehta, vice president, Marketing, Adaptec. "As Adaptec continues to provide high-performance, innovative solutions to leading channel partners, OEMs, system builders and IT integrators, his industry knowledge and proven leadership will be instrumental in Adaptec's ongoing success. I am very excited to have Scott on Adaptec's marketing team."
Prior to joining Adaptec, Cleland served as the director of worldwide marketing for AMCC's storage division, 3ware®. At 3ware, he was responsible for coordinating and leading comprehensive global inbound/outbound product marketing and channel marketing efforts. He served as the primary product and technology evangelist to customers, industry press and analysts. Cleland was a key contributor in 3ware achieving the number one serial storage channel vendor status for two consecutive years.
Before joining AMCC, Cleland was director of product marketing and technical marketing for IBM's Mylex storage division, and previously held marketing positions at Archive, Exabyte, BusLogic, and Conner Peripherals.
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at https://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Pokemon Switch RPG listed as 2018 or later
- Nintendo sold 15 million Switch consoles in FY2017
- Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima to step down
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit