The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® today announced that the 2015 International CES® will feature the largest ever showcase of products, services and technologies that make up the "Internet of Things" (IoT), with more than 900 exhibitors planning to share innovations that harness the power of the network to connect everyday devices. Owned and produced by CEA, the 2015 CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies, and will run January 6-9, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"The 'Internet of Things' is the hottest topic in tech right now," said Karen Chupka, senior vice president, International CES and corporate business strategy, CEA. "It's all about the opportunity to connect everyday items like cars, home security systems and kitchen appliances to networked devices like PCs and smartphones for greater control and management of our everyday lives. We're excited that the 2015 CES will bring together all of the companies and products that are making this a reality."
The Sensors Marketplace will highlight one of the key technologies that is enabling the IoT. Exhibitors participating in the marketplace include eyeSight Mobile Technologies, Logbar and QuickLogic Corp. In addition, the Smart Home Marketplace will showcase a smarter, more efficient home accelerated by smartphones and tablets interacting with a myriad of connected objects and devices, from basic security systems to connected lighting systems. Some of the 2015 CES exhibitors expected to showcase IoT technologies include Bosch, Lowe's, Konnect Labs, iDevices, Muzzley and Blinksight among many others.
2015 CES keynoters Boo-Keun Yoon, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel Corp., are expected to share their insights on IoT innovations. Other CES conference programming will also explore the future of this trend with the following sessions:
Manufacturers and policymakers discuss steps that each can take to build consumer trust in devices and applications while preserving creativity and the flexibility to innovate. This panel will feature opening remarks from The Honorable Edith Ramirez, chairwoman of the FTC.
1-2 PM Tuesday, January 6
LVCC, North Hall, Room N254
Experts will discuss the impact of IoT products, including what application areas are going to have the biggest adoption or change.
2:15-3:15 PM Wednesday, January 7
LVCC, North Hall, Room N261
Part of the Research Summit conference track, this session will explore where the Internet of Things stands today and what its defining trends suggest about the road ahead.
3:30-4:30 PM Wednesday, January 7
LVCC, North Hall, Room N253
The 2015 CES will feature more than 3,500 exhibitors unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services across the entire ecosystem of consumer technologies.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard