Sony Corporation ("Sony") and Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc. ("Sony CSL") have announced plans to establish a new company, Sony Global Education, Inc. It will offer online educational services in Japan and a number of other countries after it is incorporated on April 1, 2015.
Sony CSL conducts fundamental research in many different domains, and has been collaborating on network research with Sony since 2012. One focus of attention has been education, which in recent years has come to an important turning point in countries including the USA, China and Japan. In a quest to identify new business potential in this context, various applications have been developed. They include "MathNative," the first math quiz presented in the form of a picture book (available in multiple languages) and "Global Math Challenge," a worldwide online math competition. Sony Global Education, Inc. will take over the operation of these applications from Sony CSL.
MathNative, Global Math Challenge and other applications run on a common platform, developed independently by Sony CSL, that represents the core of Sony Global Education Inc.'s business. The platform is designed to be used for math and various other applications, covering all the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), which are essential in education and human resource development across the world. The platform will be easy to use for all interested corporations or individuals, and the new enterprise will seek open partnerships with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, both in Japan and in other countries.
Education plays an important role in national and regional culture, as well as in community identity. The mission of the new enterprise will be to deliver a learning platform that helps to fuel the educational curiosity and creativity of people across the globe. By providing applications that integrate diverse learning elements while remaining free of existing curriculum constraints, this advanced service will create new educational experiences for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard