Sony Corporation ("Sony") and Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc. ("Sony CSL") have announced plans to establish a new company, Sony Global Education, Inc. It will offer online educational services in Japan and a number of other countries after it is incorporated on April 1, 2015.
Sony CSL conducts fundamental research in many different domains, and has been collaborating on network research with Sony since 2012. One focus of attention has been education, which in recent years has come to an important turning point in countries including the USA, China and Japan. In a quest to identify new business potential in this context, various applications have been developed. They include "MathNative," the first math quiz presented in the form of a picture book (available in multiple languages) and "Global Math Challenge," a worldwide online math competition. Sony Global Education, Inc. will take over the operation of these applications from Sony CSL.
MathNative, Global Math Challenge and other applications run on a common platform, developed independently by Sony CSL, that represents the core of Sony Global Education Inc.'s business. The platform is designed to be used for math and various other applications, covering all the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), which are essential in education and human resource development across the world. The platform will be easy to use for all interested corporations or individuals, and the new enterprise will seek open partnerships with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, both in Japan and in other countries.
Education plays an important role in national and regional culture, as well as in community identity. The mission of the new enterprise will be to deliver a learning platform that helps to fuel the educational curiosity and creativity of people across the globe. By providing applications that integrate diverse learning elements while remaining free of existing curriculum constraints, this advanced service will create new educational experiences for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- G.Skill TridentZ Royal 4000MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Asrock A97x Killer and Evga 980TI help
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases