On March 12-15, 2015 Katowice, Poland will host the Intel® Extreme Masters World Championship in the Spodek Arena. Due to the huge success of the previous editions of the tournament, the event has been expanded onto the Intel ESL Expo Katowice, a consumer electronics fair in the 8,000m2 Katowice International Congress Center adjacent to Spodek.
Esports fans and technology enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see the world's best gamers in action and test the latest technology in the Expo part of the event.
Previously, Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice was visited by 73,000 people, with over 10,000,000 unique viewers tuning in on Twitch®. The event's expansion will allow for a significant increase in attendance.
Intel Extreme Masters World Championship:
The Intel Extreme Masters World Championship will bring to Spodek the world's best gamers, qualified for the event through tournaments in China, Canada, USA, Germany and Taiwan. The most important matches of the competition will be played in the Spodek hall and on stages inside the Intel ESL Expo Katowice, where fans will also be able to see showcases by the world's leading gaming technology manufacturers, including Intel, BenQ, GIGABYTE, HyperX and ROCCAT.
Next to the Intel Extreme Masters tournaments, the event will host several other competitions, including a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive competition sponsored by Intel.
"It is fantastic to see that over the years we have turned esports from being a part of a larger exhibition into something that defines an entire convention where the best pro gamers are celebrated like superstars," says George Woo, Global Sponsorships Manager at Intel. "How far Intel Extreme Masters has come is amazing."
"It is a testament to the place that esports holds in today's youth culture that we have managed to build an entire expo around a video games tournament," says Krzysztof Pikiewicz, Managing Director at ESL Poland. "The fans clearly wanted the event to be a festival for esports, video games and technology and that is what we are giving them."
Those wishing to attend on March 12 will need to purchase a 'business and media' ticket, as access to the events (including conferences and seminars) in the Intel ESL Expo Katowice will be restricted on that day. However, the event will be open and free for the public from March 13-15. This includes all activities in the Spodek Arena itself.
Early entrance tickets for the days of March 13-15 are available for purchase and will grant their holders priority entrance to the event.
Premium event tickets are also available for the various games and competitions at the event and offer assigned seating, gift bags and more.
There will be several waves of tickets made available to the public. The first wave starts on December 22 at 4pm CET.
Tickets will be available via TICKETPRO (www.ticketpro.pl) and at any of the 450 official TICKETPRO stores (http://www.ticketpro.pl/jnp/gdzie-kupic-bilety/index.html).
Ticket types and prices:
- Business & media day ticket - Thursday 12.03.15 - 100 PLN
- Early entrance ticket - Friday 13.03.15 - 50 PLN
- Early entrance ticket - Saturday 14.03.15 - 50 PLN
- Early entrance ticket - Sunday 15.03.15 - 50 PLN
- Three day early entrance ticket - 130 PLN
- Four day Premium ticket with seat assignment and gift bag - 12-15.03.15 - 450 zł
More information at https://www.intelextrememasters.com.
Ticket information at: http://www.ticketpro.pl/jnp/gdzie-kupic-bilety/index.html - See more at: http://www.turtle-entertainment.com/news/the-world's-best-gamers-come-back-to-katowice-poland-for-intelR-extreme-masters/#sthash.kyDmB6IX.dpuf
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit