Hi-Rez Studios, developer of SMITE, the free-to-play mythology-themed action game played by over 5 million people, today announced a flurry of activities to support their Oceanic fan-base. Chief among these announcements is the confirmation that Australian and New Zealand players will be able to compete in events leading to an Oceanic Regional Championship in 2015. The Oceanic Regional Champion will have a path to qualify for the Season 2 Smite World Championship.
After a successful showing at PAX Australia and well received launch of Oceanic servers in November, Hi-Rez Studios is also giving some early Christmas presents to SMITE players in the form of continued support for the region. These include:
- Breakfast of the Gods viewing parties for the finals of the inaugural SMITE World Championships, to be held on the morning of Monday 12 January in several cities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Online Oceanic league ladder - launching today in partnership with CyberGamer.com.au.
- Oceanic SMITE-Nites - regular community nights every Thors-day for local fans to find team-mates and play
- Local Agency - appointment of Surprise Attack Consulting to manage Oceanic activity on the ground.
"It was great to meet so many SMITE fans at PAX Australia and feel their love for the game," said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. "We're really excited to ramp up our activities in Oceania and can't wait to see what Australian and New Zealand players bring to the Season 2 next year."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit