HP today announced that SAP will resell HP Fortify application security software as part of its quality assurance solutions portfolio. SAP is now offering the solution under the name SAP® Fortify software by HP to help customers quickly identify and address software vulnerabilities.
The threat landscape is growing more sophisticated and targeted, making it critical to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. With the recent high frequency of breaches, organizations are now realizing the importance of proper application security testing, and the need for these solutions is continuously increasing.
As an expansion to a longstanding reseller relationship, SAP Fortify by HP helps address this need by enabling SAP customers to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities in production applications, while also helping reduce risk by enabling security to be built-in during software development.
"An organization can suffer significant financial loss, business interruption and brand damage should it detect a vulnerability too late," said Jason Schmitt, vice president and general manager, Fortify, Enterprise Security Products (@HPsecurity), HP. "With SAP Fortify by HP, SAP customers can now enhance the management of their software security risk by enabling proactive security testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle."
Application security helps strengthen SAP's quality assurance portfolio of solutions, allowing users to Identify vulnerabilities early in the software development process, which is critical when attempting to combat potential cyber-attacks. Using static application security testing (SAST) analysis and dynamic application security testing (DAST) solutions from HP, SAP Fortify helps provide an immediate, accurate picture of software risk across the enterprise so customers can isolate problem areas within their organization as early as possible. The offering delivers detailed reference information on the vulnerabilities to both developers and testing teams with instructions for correcting issues, enabling them to quickly patch weak spots and to help prevent future concerns of a similar nature.
"SAP and HP enjoy a long-standing relationship with a strong focus on quality assurance," said Tom Roberts, global vice president, Third-Party Solutions, SAP (@SAP). "Offering software that integrates code-vulnerability analysis across the entire software life cycle, securing applications wherever they are deployed - on premises, in the cloud or on mobile devices around the world - is another important step in helping our customers increase productivity, lower costs and accelerate time-to-market."
SAP Fortify integrates with other SAP testing solutions, including the SAP Quality Center application by HP and SAP LoadRunner application by HP. It can also be used with the SAP Solution Manager application management solution to comprehensively manage software security issues across the enterprise.
Continued leadership in application security testing
HP was recently recognized as a leader in the application security testing market in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing for its HP Fortify product. Gartner's leaders in Application Security Testing demonstrate breadth and depth of AST products and services. 1
SAP Fortify by HP is currently available worldwide. SAP, including all subsidiaries, has worldwide rights to sell and support HP Fortify as SAP Fortify by HP.
Additional information about HP Fortify is available here. Additional information about HP Enterprise Security Products is available at https://www.hp.com/go/esp.
Latest News Posts
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!