HP today announced that SAP will resell HP Fortify application security software as part of its quality assurance solutions portfolio. SAP is now offering the solution under the name SAP® Fortify software by HP to help customers quickly identify and address software vulnerabilities.
The threat landscape is growing more sophisticated and targeted, making it critical to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. With the recent high frequency of breaches, organizations are now realizing the importance of proper application security testing, and the need for these solutions is continuously increasing.
As an expansion to a longstanding reseller relationship, SAP Fortify by HP helps address this need by enabling SAP customers to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities in production applications, while also helping reduce risk by enabling security to be built-in during software development.
"An organization can suffer significant financial loss, business interruption and brand damage should it detect a vulnerability too late," said Jason Schmitt, vice president and general manager, Fortify, Enterprise Security Products (@HPsecurity), HP. "With SAP Fortify by HP, SAP customers can now enhance the management of their software security risk by enabling proactive security testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle."
Application security helps strengthen SAP's quality assurance portfolio of solutions, allowing users to Identify vulnerabilities early in the software development process, which is critical when attempting to combat potential cyber-attacks. Using static application security testing (SAST) analysis and dynamic application security testing (DAST) solutions from HP, SAP Fortify helps provide an immediate, accurate picture of software risk across the enterprise so customers can isolate problem areas within their organization as early as possible. The offering delivers detailed reference information on the vulnerabilities to both developers and testing teams with instructions for correcting issues, enabling them to quickly patch weak spots and to help prevent future concerns of a similar nature.
"SAP and HP enjoy a long-standing relationship with a strong focus on quality assurance," said Tom Roberts, global vice president, Third-Party Solutions, SAP (@SAP). "Offering software that integrates code-vulnerability analysis across the entire software life cycle, securing applications wherever they are deployed - on premises, in the cloud or on mobile devices around the world - is another important step in helping our customers increase productivity, lower costs and accelerate time-to-market."
SAP Fortify integrates with other SAP testing solutions, including the SAP Quality Center application by HP and SAP LoadRunner application by HP. It can also be used with the SAP Solution Manager application management solution to comprehensively manage software security issues across the enterprise.
Continued leadership in application security testing
HP was recently recognized as a leader in the application security testing market in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing for its HP Fortify product. Gartner's leaders in Application Security Testing demonstrate breadth and depth of AST products and services. 1
SAP Fortify by HP is currently available worldwide. SAP, including all subsidiaries, has worldwide rights to sell and support HP Fortify as SAP Fortify by HP.
Additional information about HP Fortify is available here. Additional information about HP Enterprise Security Products is available at https://www.hp.com/go/esp.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom drop StreetFighter V trial on Mortal Kombat 11 debut
- Avengers meet Fortnite in upcoming collaboration on April 25
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V