HP today announced that SAP will resell HP Fortify application security software as part of its quality assurance solutions portfolio. SAP is now offering the solution under the name SAP® Fortify software by HP to help customers quickly identify and address software vulnerabilities.
The threat landscape is growing more sophisticated and targeted, making it critical to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. With the recent high frequency of breaches, organizations are now realizing the importance of proper application security testing, and the need for these solutions is continuously increasing.
As an expansion to a longstanding reseller relationship, SAP Fortify by HP helps address this need by enabling SAP customers to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities in production applications, while also helping reduce risk by enabling security to be built-in during software development.
"An organization can suffer significant financial loss, business interruption and brand damage should it detect a vulnerability too late," said Jason Schmitt, vice president and general manager, Fortify, Enterprise Security Products (@HPsecurity), HP. "With SAP Fortify by HP, SAP customers can now enhance the management of their software security risk by enabling proactive security testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle."
Application security helps strengthen SAP's quality assurance portfolio of solutions, allowing users to Identify vulnerabilities early in the software development process, which is critical when attempting to combat potential cyber-attacks. Using static application security testing (SAST) analysis and dynamic application security testing (DAST) solutions from HP, SAP Fortify helps provide an immediate, accurate picture of software risk across the enterprise so customers can isolate problem areas within their organization as early as possible. The offering delivers detailed reference information on the vulnerabilities to both developers and testing teams with instructions for correcting issues, enabling them to quickly patch weak spots and to help prevent future concerns of a similar nature.
"SAP and HP enjoy a long-standing relationship with a strong focus on quality assurance," said Tom Roberts, global vice president, Third-Party Solutions, SAP (@SAP). "Offering software that integrates code-vulnerability analysis across the entire software life cycle, securing applications wherever they are deployed - on premises, in the cloud or on mobile devices around the world - is another important step in helping our customers increase productivity, lower costs and accelerate time-to-market."
SAP Fortify integrates with other SAP testing solutions, including the SAP Quality Center application by HP and SAP LoadRunner application by HP. It can also be used with the SAP Solution Manager application management solution to comprehensively manage software security issues across the enterprise.
Continued leadership in application security testing
HP was recently recognized as a leader in the application security testing market in the 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing for its HP Fortify product. Gartner's leaders in Application Security Testing demonstrate breadth and depth of AST products and services. 1
SAP Fortify by HP is currently available worldwide. SAP, including all subsidiaries, has worldwide rights to sell and support HP Fortify as SAP Fortify by HP.
Additional information about HP Fortify is available here. Additional information about HP Enterprise Security Products is available at https://www.hp.com/go/esp.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit