Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the shipping of the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepads, a new range of controllers designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Previewed earlier in the year at Mobile World Congress, the C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i are the first controllers in the Company's GameSmart mobile product range designed for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and iPod touch (5th Generation) running iOS 8 and iOS 7.
Featuring a premium build and high quality components, such as pressure sensitive action buttons and D-Pad, the C.T.R.L.i allows for immersive, complex gaming when used with controller-compatible iOS games. For those who prefer compact control, the Micro C.T.R.L.i is approximately 20% smaller than the regular controller, ideal for on-the-go gaming or for younger gamers.
"Thanks to technology like Metal, gaming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is approaching the quality traditionally seen on home consoles. The C.T.R.L.i products have been designed to capitalize on these rich gaming experiences and, whether playing on the move or when connected to the big screen, the C.T.R.L.i delivers uncompromised control," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. "We believe our strong heritage in specialty controllers has allowed us to bring an extremely distinctive controller for iOS devices to market and we are confident that the competitive price combined with the high specification will prove enticing to gamers of all ages."
Power efficient wireless Bluetooth technology provides up to 30 hours of gameplay via 2 x AAA batteries, and gamers can choose to mount their device to their C.T.R.L.i via the travel clip (included), or remove and play untethered should they wish. Gamers can choose to install the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8 or iOS 7, allowing users to update firmware and providing input diagnostics for battery level and button and axis input. In addition, the app also displays an updated list of gamepad compatible iOS games.
The Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app is available from the App Store.
Latest News Posts
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider FINALLY receives RTX/DLSS patch
- Halo: Master Chief Collection has UNCAPPED frame rate on PC
- Remedy teases new RTX filled trailer of Control at GDC 2019
- Nightdive teases 20-minute video of System Shock remake
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today