Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the shipping of the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepads, a new range of controllers designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Previewed earlier in the year at Mobile World Congress, the C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i are the first controllers in the Company's GameSmart mobile product range designed for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and iPod touch (5th Generation) running iOS 8 and iOS 7.
Featuring a premium build and high quality components, such as pressure sensitive action buttons and D-Pad, the C.T.R.L.i allows for immersive, complex gaming when used with controller-compatible iOS games. For those who prefer compact control, the Micro C.T.R.L.i is approximately 20% smaller than the regular controller, ideal for on-the-go gaming or for younger gamers.
"Thanks to technology like Metal, gaming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is approaching the quality traditionally seen on home consoles. The C.T.R.L.i products have been designed to capitalize on these rich gaming experiences and, whether playing on the move or when connected to the big screen, the C.T.R.L.i delivers uncompromised control," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. "We believe our strong heritage in specialty controllers has allowed us to bring an extremely distinctive controller for iOS devices to market and we are confident that the competitive price combined with the high specification will prove enticing to gamers of all ages."
Power efficient wireless Bluetooth technology provides up to 30 hours of gameplay via 2 x AAA batteries, and gamers can choose to mount their device to their C.T.R.L.i via the travel clip (included), or remove and play untethered should they wish. Gamers can choose to install the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8 or iOS 7, allowing users to update firmware and providing input diagnostics for battery level and button and axis input. In addition, the app also displays an updated list of gamepad compatible iOS games.
The Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app is available from the App Store.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit