Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive, an innovative device that blends the benefits of high-capacity external storage with the ultimate in wireless freedom. Users can connect to their Chromecast device (sold separately) to experience their personal digital content such as movies, music and photos - by downloading Toshiba's Google Cast Ready app to cast entertainment from the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive to an HDTV. The 1TB Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive is a fast and reliable all-in-one device that helps manage storage needs wirelessly.
"Storage needs are changing. By understanding the importance of mobility, we have taken storage to the next level. With integrated wireless capabilities, we empower our users to share and stream their personal digital content the way they want, wirelessly," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president, Branded Storage, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive fills a real need for consumers - they're now able to enjoy the content that they own, wirelessly on the home television."
Users can easily upload and back up content from their mobile devices directly to the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive for secure, centralized storage. Instant access is available to stored files through the device's own local Wi-Fi connection (no Internet required). The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive has a battery life of up to five hours and can connect simultaneously with up to six devices, making accessing and sharing files from the digital library easier than ever.
Also announced today, the Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter, extends the usefulness of existing hard drives, letting users wirelessly upload, share, download and stream their stored digital library from the hard drive to any connected mobile device. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Android mobile devices.
The release of the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive and Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter expands Toshiba's portfolio of wireless products, which is aimed at satisfying a broad range of customer needs. Previously announced were the Canvio Wireless Adapter and Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD, which are both now on sale.
Toshiba has been providing storage solutions worldwide since 1967 and has more than 47 years of experience developing storage offerings that complement our comprehensive ecosystem of devices. Leveraging an annual $3.1 billion investment in research and development, Toshiba continues to push the boundaries of storage technology to meet customers' needs.
Pricing and Availability
The 1TB Canvio AeroCast will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $219.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $79.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit