Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive, an innovative device that blends the benefits of high-capacity external storage with the ultimate in wireless freedom. Users can connect to their Chromecast device (sold separately) to experience their personal digital content such as movies, music and photos - by downloading Toshiba's Google Cast Ready app to cast entertainment from the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive to an HDTV. The 1TB Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive is a fast and reliable all-in-one device that helps manage storage needs wirelessly.
"Storage needs are changing. By understanding the importance of mobility, we have taken storage to the next level. With integrated wireless capabilities, we empower our users to share and stream their personal digital content the way they want, wirelessly," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president, Branded Storage, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive fills a real need for consumers - they're now able to enjoy the content that they own, wirelessly on the home television."
Users can easily upload and back up content from their mobile devices directly to the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive for secure, centralized storage. Instant access is available to stored files through the device's own local Wi-Fi connection (no Internet required). The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive has a battery life of up to five hours and can connect simultaneously with up to six devices, making accessing and sharing files from the digital library easier than ever.
Also announced today, the Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter, extends the usefulness of existing hard drives, letting users wirelessly upload, share, download and stream their stored digital library from the hard drive to any connected mobile device. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Android mobile devices.
The release of the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive and Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter expands Toshiba's portfolio of wireless products, which is aimed at satisfying a broad range of customer needs. Previously announced were the Canvio Wireless Adapter and Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD, which are both now on sale.
Toshiba has been providing storage solutions worldwide since 1967 and has more than 47 years of experience developing storage offerings that complement our comprehensive ecosystem of devices. Leveraging an annual $3.1 billion investment in research and development, Toshiba continues to push the boundaries of storage technology to meet customers' needs.
Pricing and Availability
The 1TB Canvio AeroCast will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $219.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $79.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014.
Latest News Posts
- New Switch refresh has 9 hours battery life, same specs
- Gamestop to transform stores into retro arcades
- Interactive website plays 50yr Apollo 11 launch in real-time
- 2mm tiny-bots to regenerate your health from the inside out
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC 'Hero' to drop this Summer
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access