QNAP, Inc., a global network attached storage (NAS) company, today announced that it is now shipping its new 4 GB model of the TS-x51 Series Turbo NAS, which features a potent Intel Bay Trail Celeron dual-core processor, a solid upgrade from the Atom processor, and comes standard with the latest QTS 4.1 operating system and is designed specifically for Virtualization Station, an exclusive feature that allows users to run and manage a virtual machine directly on the NAS. In addition, the 4 GB upgrade also gives this series the capability to run multiple memory-intensive applications simultaneously.
The TS-x51 Series is the world's first consumer-grade NAS that supports Intel VT-x and virtual machine applications. Just download the Virtualization Station App from the QNAP App Center, and you can install and manage multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux and even Android on your NAS. The virtual machines can be used in variety of different ways to boost the functionality of your Turbo NAS.
About Virtualization Station
QNAP is the world's first NAS solution provider that realizes both Cloud Storage and Virtual Computing on its NAS devices. With the introduction of the Virtualization Station, an industry first, QNAP users now not only can have their own private cloud storage but also have the ability to set up and run their own virtual servers on the NAS. On the QNAP private cloud platform, you can easily host different virtual machines on the NAS for your home or a small business.
Virtualization Station feature highlights:
- Direct access to files and data via VM - Admins can install Windows, Linux or Android OS on the Turbo NAS to run any support application file
- Save bandwidth and time - Data is not transmitted via physical network cables
- Enhanced security - Data is not transmitted outside the NAS providing a secure environment that prevents sensitive data from being intercepted
- User-based permissions settings - Admin can assign VMs to users and set different permissions
- Monitor all NIC traffic and assign a specific NIC exclusively to a single VM
- Operate VMs using remote desktops for utmost convenience
The 4 GB TS-x51 series (available in 2,4,6 and 8 bay models) are now in stock and ready to ship.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage