Alphacool International GmbH, Germany announces the launch of the custom GPU service. For many years Alphacool has noticed a gap in the market for watercooling solutions for lower-end or nonreference designed video cards. Until recently the high cost of developing specialised full cover watercooling blocks has forced manufacturers to focus only on producing blocks for the higher-end cards. With new patented technology Alphacool have the ability to fill this gap in the market by producing full cover waterblocks for any non-reference or lower-end video card.
The cooler comprises of three parts shown in the image below. Firstly the waterblock is designed around the 'core only' concept but is used in conjunction with the custom made base plate that is made specifically for each type of GPU ensuring the perfect fit. A custom made back plate is also included in the package at no extra cost.
The specially designed cooling block will serve two uses, firstly to cool the core of the GPU and secondly to cool the copper plate which is fixed to the aluminimum base (no water is in contact with the aluminimum at any point). The mosfets on the card will be cooled to the same level as they would be on an air cooled video card running its fan at full speed while the core and RAM would see a temperature drop in the region of 30-40c. The block has also been designed to work universally so when you upgrade your card you will be able to buy just the plates you need. Alphacool will be launching this range based on any NVIDIA card 7XX or above or any AMD card 2XX or above. NVIDIA 750 Ti Solutions for reference cards will be available at launch for 59€ including the back plate. NVIDIA Titan Black solutions will also be available for 79€ including back plate.
For customers looking for blocks for non-reference cards or cards that we have not already covered with the standard blocks there is now the option to send your card into Alphacool. By using state of the art 3D scanning technology to measure your GPU Alphacool can custom make you a cooling plate. As a reward for sending the card in Alphacool will send the customer a free cooling set for their GPU (Plate, block and back plate). The GPU cooler will also be added to the product range so other customers with the same card can also purchase the block.
Alphacool will also be producing a unique "multi-bridge" connection system for customer's with more than one GPU. The bridge will effortlessly connect the waterblocks as well as letting the customer illuminate the Alphacool logo with 5mm LED's.
To support the modding community Alphacool will be publishing the dimensions of the "multi-bridge" cover so you have the ability to make your own. Also if there is enough demand for a specific brand or logo Alphacool will be making custom covers available.
For more information, visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM