Intel Corporation today reported first-quarter revenue of $12.8 billion, operating income of $2.5 billion, net income of $1.9 billion and EPS of 38 cents. The company generated approximately $3.5 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.1 billion, and used $545 million to repurchase 22 million shares of stock.
"In the first quarter we saw solid growth in the data center, signs of improvement in the PC business, and we shipped 5 million tablet processors, making strong progress on our goal of 40 million tablets for 2014," said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. "Additionally, we demonstrated our further commitment to grow in the enterprise with a strategic technology and business collaboration with Cloudera, we introduced our second-generation LTE platform with CAT6 and other advanced features, and we shipped our first Quark products for the Internet of Things."
Q1 Key Business Unit Trends
- PC Client Group revenue of $7.9 billion, down 8 percent sequentially and down 1 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of $3.1 billion, down 5 percent sequentially and up 11 percent year-over-year.
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $482 million, down 10 percent sequentially and up 32 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile and Communications Group revenue of $156 million, down 52 percent sequentially and down 61 percent year-over-year.
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $553 million, down 6 percent sequentially and up 6 percent year-over-year.
Intel's Business Outlook does not include the potential impact of any business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and other significant transactions that may be completed after April 15.
- Revenue: $13.0 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
- Gross margin percentage: 63 percent, plus or minus a couple of percentage points.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: approximately $4.8 billion.
- Restructuring and asset impairment charges: approximately $100 million.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $75 million.
- Impact of equity investments and interest and other: approximately $75 million.
- Depreciation: approximately $1.9 billion.
- Revenue: approximately flat, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Gross margin percentage: 61 percent, plus or minus a few percentage points, 1 percentage point higher than prior expectations.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: $18.9 billion, plus or minus $200 million, higher than prior expectations of $18.6 billion.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $300 million, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Depreciation: approximately $7.4 billion, unchanged from prior expectations.
- Tax rate: approximately 27 percent for each of the remaining quarters of the year.
- Full-year capital spending: $11.0 billion, plus or minus $500 million, unchanged from prior expectations.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series