SAPPHIRE Technology has just introduced three new mainstream models to its highly successful R-Series of video cards based on AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. The new SAPPHIRE R5 230 series includes three low profile PCI-Express video cards that require no additional power connector, making them ideal for entry-level systems or for upgrading existing PC systems and providing additional monitor support. Two basic models have 160 Stream processors and core clocks of 625MHz, and offer a choice of 1GB or 2GB of DDR3 memory to deliver excellent performance and great value. Outputs are Dual-link DVI, VGA and HDMI, supporting a choice of monitor types and the cards ship with optional backplates for use in standard or low-profile chassis.
The third model is the R5 230 FleX, which also has 160 Stream processors and 625MHz core clocks, but has 1GB of DDR3 memory with the enhanced clock speed of 800MHz (1600MHz effective). The FleX model adds the SAPPHIRE exclusive ability to support three DVI monitors in Eyefinity mode without the need for any active adapters and deliver a true SLS (Single Large Surface) work area. The first two monitors are connected to the two DVI outputs. A third DVI monitor can be connected to the HDMI output with the passive cable adapter supplied.
This card delivers the most cost-effective Eyefinity solution available for increased productivity in tasks such as editing multiple documents or business applications. It can also be used in multi-screen information display systems where three low cost monitors can be directly connected to each FleX card installed.
The SAPPHIRE R5 230 family all have an on-board hardware UVD (Unified Video decoder), considerably reducing CPU load and delivering smooth decoding of Blu-ray and HD DVD content for both VC-1 and H.264 codecs, as well as Mpeg files. The UVD can decode two 1080p HD video streams simultaneously and display HD video in high quality with Windows Aero mode enabled. The R5 230 has HDMI 1.4a with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio including support for Stereoscopic 3D output. Support for AMD APP Acceleration means that the latest Office applications and internet browsers are accelerated by Stream processing on the video card.
The SAPPHIRE R5 230 family is supported by AMD's WHQL certified graphics driver which delivers support for all of the key DirectX 11 level features required for the latest operating systems and acceleration of the latest generation of high performance applications.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM