SMART Modular Technologies, Inc., a leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of value added subsystems including memory modules, flash memory cards and other solid state storage products, today announced its new XR-DIMM small form factor DDR3 module, specifically designed for ruggedized single board computing (SBC) applications requiring high reliability, density and performance attributes.
SMART's XR-DIMM solves the traditional space-constraint issue for Advanced Memory Card (AMC) form factor SBC's, where the clips from the horizontally mounted SO-DIMM's socket violate the "keep-out" areas of the card and interfere with the system chassis when the AMC card is removed. The XR-DIMM solves this issue by using a low profile, snap-down mezzanine connector with no clips. In addition, SMART's XR-DIMM form factor provides a ruggedized attach method and features improved signal integrity ideal for AMC cards, as well as ATCA, PCIe, and COMe embedded computing applications.
The 240-pin module conforms to standards established by the Small Form Factor Special Interest Group (SFF-SIG) to provide a perfect-fit solution for telecom, networking and industrial computing applications. SMART's DDR3-1600 XR-DIMM is offered in 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB densities with ECC. Other options offered include low power and industrial temperature operation.
"The XR-DIMM's higher 240-pin connector offers more power and ground signals for higher reliability, and, improved signal integrity versus a standard 204-pin SO-DIMM," says Mike Rubino, Vice President of Engineering at SMART Modular. "In addition, the board-to-board connector offers improved ruggedization compared to standard gold plated SO-DIMMs."
The XR-DIMM is just part of a wide family of DDR3 small form factor module solutions that SMART supports. SMART will be showcasing its new XR-DIMM along with its entire line of memory solutions at the Embedded World Exhibition & Conference in Nuremburg, Germany starting on February 25, 2014 in Hall 4, Stand 4-360.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower