With AMD's launching of the FM2+ APU today, BIOSTAR has been hard at work preparing a complete series of mainboards for the supporting A88X, A78 and A55 chipsets. To make upgrading even easier, these boards also have backwards support for previous generation FM2 APUs.
The new AMD "Kaveri" APUs will come with a new socket, the AMD socket FM2+ and will unify the processor families. Kaveri APU features a completely new CPU and GPU architecture. Socket FM2+ will be AMD's only option in 2014, replacing AM3+ and FM2 and BIOSTAR is providing mainboards ready from the get-go.
The backwards compatibility makes it easy for consumers to pick out a BIOSTAR FM2+ motherboard and a cheaper FM2-based APU while they wait for the perfect time to upgrade to Kaveri this year. Upgrading is a good idea as AMD has managed to tweak their APUs to significantly increase the processing power and put in a GPU as well for graphics rendering, all while using similar amounts of power of previous generation chips.
With BIOSTAR's enhancements to these new FM2+ boards users will enjoy mainboards that excel in additional areas of BIOSTAR expertise such as the BIOSTAR Audio+, Video+, Speed+, Protection+, Durability+ and DIY+.
For more info on the BIOSTAR 6+ Experience technology go to: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/event/fm2plus/index.htm
For more info on the BIOSTAR FM2+ motherboards go to: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/socket.php?S_ID=21
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit