StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the availability of their new Thunderbolt Docking Station, which enables users to transform a Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook or Ultrabook laptop into a powerful full-featured workstation, through a single Thunderbolt cable. The new docking station can be positioned vertically or horizontally to best suit the desk space, and includes a 1-meter Thunderbolt cable to provide a ready-to-connect docking solution right out of the box.
The docking station is the first from StarTech.com to feature a Thunderbolt host connection, and includes numerous high-performance peripheral connections including an integrated USB 3.0 hub with UASP support, 3.5 mm stereo mini-jacks for speaker and microphone support as well as both HDMI and Thunderbolt outputs. The Thunderbolt output port allows for up to six Thunderbolt devices, including an additional display, to be daisy-chained, all connected to a docked laptop through the single host cable connection.
"Our Thunderbolt docking station offers users a simple, fast and flexible solution for quickly expanding their MacBook or Ultrabook connectivity options" said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com's Laptop Docking Station product line. "Based on the outstanding performance capability of the Thunderbolt host connection, this dock makes it easy to turn a laptop, such as a MacBook or Ultrabook, into a highly scalable workspace over just a single cable, making it well-suited to a wide range of applications, especially hot-desking. Our Thunderbolt Docking Station offers many unique features that users have been asking for such as multiple USB 3.0 device connectivity, full USB 3.0 speed throughput and the inclusion of a 1m cable to make it a complete, out of the box solution."
Features of the TBDOCKHDPBC Thunderbolt Docking Station include:
- Thunderbolt output, daisy-chainable up to six Thunderbolt-equipped devices
- High resolution support: 1920x1080 through HDMI, 2560x1440 through Thunderbolt
- Integrated 3-port USB 3.0 hub, with UASP support, full USB 3.0 throughput per port
- Host connection supports full Thunderbolt throughput, up to 10 Gbps
- 10/100/1000 Mbps compatible Gigabit Ethernet port
- Weighted stand for vertical positioning
- Speaker and Microphone support via 3.5 mm stereo mini-jacks
- Includes 1m Thunderbolt cable
- Plug/port compatible with Thunderbolt 2-equipped MacBook laptops and Thunderbolt 2 devices
MSRP for StarTech.com's TBDOCKHDPBC Thunderbolt Docking Station is $279.99 (USD) in the United States, $288.99 (CAN) in Canada, £214.99 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The docking station will be available CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI
Latest News Posts
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, step into the combat of a shinobi
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms