StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the availability of their new Thunderbolt Docking Station, which enables users to transform a Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook or Ultrabook laptop into a powerful full-featured workstation, through a single Thunderbolt cable. The new docking station can be positioned vertically or horizontally to best suit the desk space, and includes a 1-meter Thunderbolt cable to provide a ready-to-connect docking solution right out of the box.
The docking station is the first from StarTech.com to feature a Thunderbolt host connection, and includes numerous high-performance peripheral connections including an integrated USB 3.0 hub with UASP support, 3.5 mm stereo mini-jacks for speaker and microphone support as well as both HDMI and Thunderbolt outputs. The Thunderbolt output port allows for up to six Thunderbolt devices, including an additional display, to be daisy-chained, all connected to a docked laptop through the single host cable connection.
"Our Thunderbolt docking station offers users a simple, fast and flexible solution for quickly expanding their MacBook or Ultrabook connectivity options" said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com's Laptop Docking Station product line. "Based on the outstanding performance capability of the Thunderbolt host connection, this dock makes it easy to turn a laptop, such as a MacBook or Ultrabook, into a highly scalable workspace over just a single cable, making it well-suited to a wide range of applications, especially hot-desking. Our Thunderbolt Docking Station offers many unique features that users have been asking for such as multiple USB 3.0 device connectivity, full USB 3.0 speed throughput and the inclusion of a 1m cable to make it a complete, out of the box solution."
Features of the TBDOCKHDPBC Thunderbolt Docking Station include:
- Thunderbolt output, daisy-chainable up to six Thunderbolt-equipped devices
- High resolution support: 1920x1080 through HDMI, 2560x1440 through Thunderbolt
- Integrated 3-port USB 3.0 hub, with UASP support, full USB 3.0 throughput per port
- Host connection supports full Thunderbolt throughput, up to 10 Gbps
- 10/100/1000 Mbps compatible Gigabit Ethernet port
- Weighted stand for vertical positioning
- Speaker and Microphone support via 3.5 mm stereo mini-jacks
- Includes 1m Thunderbolt cable
- Plug/port compatible with Thunderbolt 2-equipped MacBook laptops and Thunderbolt 2 devices
MSRP for StarTech.com's TBDOCKHDPBC Thunderbolt Docking Station is $279.99 (USD) in the United States, $288.99 (CAN) in Canada, £214.99 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The docking station will be available CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Stardew Valley mod adds MEGA farm: unlimited online players
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit