SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today announced it is helping improve the mobile video storytelling experience by investing in Magisto, creator of the popular video editing app with more than 13 million users on iOS and Android platforms. While pervasive use of mobile devices is enabling the recording of billions of videos annually, most user-generated content is not very engaging. This is largely due to today's lengthy and manual video editing process. Magisto's mobile app solves this problem by enabling amateur videographers to create captivating professional quality movies in just a few clicks, converting average videos into memorable content.
"We believe user-friendly video editing solutions that can create captivating videos represents a major, yet mostly untapped, market opportunity," said Sumit Sadana, executive vice president and chief strategy officer at SanDisk. "With Magisto, video captured on a smartphone of a family's first ski trip can have professional-looking music and graphics automatically added in just a few clicks. This greatly enhances the video's value and viewability, which is why Magisto has become so popular with consumers worldwide. We see video continuing to be a growth driver for flash storage in mobile devices, and SanDisk is pleased to be able to play a role in Magisto's next-stage of growth and evolution."
"As the world's most recognized brand in professional photography, SanDisk's partnership with Magisto will further accelerate our growth trajectory," said Oren Boiman, CEO and co-founder, Magisto. "We look forward to leveraging SanDisk's tremendous expertise in mobile imaging, and we are very excited about having SanDisk as a strategic partner for our company."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit