Synology today launched RackStation RS214, a 1U 2-bay rackmount NAS. Featuring easy data sharing and management, RS214 is specifically designed to serve growing businesses of any size, along with a myriad of office applications that enhance working experience and productivity. "With enhanced hardware architecture, advanced fail-proof mechanism, and comprehensive business solutions, RS214 provides users with an affordable and reliable solution at an optimal price/performance ratio," said Wayne An, product manager of Synology Inc.
The RS214 is built to deliver optimal performance. Powered by a 1.2 GHz processor and Link Aggregation, the RS214 delivers an average over 70 MB/sec writing speed under RAID1 configuration in a Windows environment, and over 160 MB/sec reading. The built-in floating-point unit enhances the overall capability of the main CPU, enabling RS214 to work in higher efficiency when it comes to multimedia processing. With 512MB DDR3 RAM, twice the size of its predecessor, RS214 exhibits a surprising boost in multi-tasking performance, making it one of the best values in 2-bay rackmount NAS devices available today. With two USB 3.0 interfaces, RS214 greatly improves file transfer rate to external hard drives.
The RS214 is developed with attention to reliability. Dual LAN failover support ensures continual network service, while hot-swappable design facilitates easy and risk-free hard drive replacement. The brand new hard drive tray lock further secures your hard drives from unauthorized or accidental withdrawal. In addition, featuring a compacting design in 12-inch depth, the RS214 fits into 2-post rack and wall mount rack without additional rail kit.
The RS214 runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3, an intuitive web-based operating system that provides a host of applications to bring better productivity at work. DSM 4.2, the last version, is the only NAS operation system being honored "Best Choice Award" and "Media's Choice Award" at Computex 2013.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card