USB hubs can hog large swathes of your desktop real-estate, and clutter it will cables, before you even realize. SilverStone thinks it has an answer to that, a new 4-port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed hub with a magnetic surface, that lets you latch it onto a SECC case. The new EP01 USB 3.0 hub from SilverStone features a hexagonal shape, with four of its sides holding downstream ports, one holding the upstream type-B connector, and one with a DC input that lets it support USB charging specification 1.2, which lets the hub detect a device that is capable of drawing more than 1,000 mA, and supplying it with that. This lets you charge your smartphones and tablets, which otherwise don't charge when plugged in to a PC. Measuring 71.6 x 63.3 x 19.5 mm (WxDxH), it weighs about 65 g.
Moving on, SilverStone unveiled a pair of extremely practical SATA power cables, the CP06-E2 and CP06-E4, pictured below in that order. The CP06-E2 has a male SATA connector on one end, connecting to your PSU; and two female SATA connectors on the other, with very little spacing between them. This helps in cases like 3.5-inch to 2x 2.5-inch convertors, where there's very little spacing between the two 2.5-inch bays, causing the long spaces between PSU cables to protrude out, or remain stiff. The CP06-E4 is a 4-connector variant of the cable.
Lastly, SilverStone rolled out a pair of external portable storage solutions, the EP02B and MS07B, pictured above in that order. The EP02B is simply a SATA power+data back-plane, with DC and a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connector on one end, letting you convert any SATA drive into a USB mass storage device. The MS07B, on the other hand, is a more conventional 2.5-inch portable enclosure, which is open-ended, letting you slide in a 2.5-inch SATA drive, dock it with a standard back-plane, and lock it in place. This enclosure features USB 3.0 SuperSpeed interface. The company didn't release pricing or availability information.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Battlegrounds' desert map shown off in 3 new screenshots
- Tesla's new electric semi is the future of trucks
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ