Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid state storage products, has entered the removable solid state drive (SSD) market and is sampling its new mSATA ArmourDrive GLS86 product line. Based on SATA NANDrive, using Greenliant's internally developed NAND controller, mSATA ArmourDrive is designed for applications that require industrial temperature capability, high reliability and long-life data storage.
mSATA ArmourDrive operates at extreme temperatures between -40 to +85 degrees Celsius with 1-bit-per-cell (SLC) or 2-bits-per-cell (MLC) NAND flash memory, which gives customers a dependable, industrial temperature mSATA SSD using cost-effective MLC NAND. Addressing the needs of space-constrained embedded systems, mSATA ArmourDrive measures 29.85mm x 50.80mm x 4.80mm (JEDEC MO-300).
Other benefits of GLS86 mSATA ArmourDrive include:
- Efficient Wear Leveling Management: Achieves maximum SSD lifespan for critical applications
- Built-in Power Interrupt Data Protection: Safeguards data by promptly detecting and recovering from sudden power failures
- Configurable Security: Provides user-selectable protection zones and military-grade erase commands
- SMART Command Support: Estimates remaining SSD lifespan and provides alerts to prevent costly data loss
- TRIM Command Support: Improves performance by freeing up available blocks
"mSATA is growing in popularity in embedded applications and it makes sense for Greenliant to add mSATA ArmourDrive to its industrial SSD portfolio," said Michael Yang, principal analyst for Memory & Storage, iSuppli Corporation. "Leveraging its NAND controller know-how is a significant differentiator for SSD suppliers such as Greenliant."
"Building on Greenliant's expertise in embedded storage, mSATA ArmourDrive complements our NANDrive product family," said Nobu Higuchi, vice president of application engineering and product marketing, Greenliant Systems. "mSATA ArmourDrive gives customers the features and benefits of NANDrive, including technical and long-term support, in a removable, small form factor."
Greenliant is currently sampling GLS86FB 8, 16, 32 and 64 GByte industrial temperature MLC and GLS86FA 8, 16 and 32 GByte industrial grade SLC mSATA ArmourDrive products.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit