July 2013, Milpitas CA - HighPoint Technologies unveils the Industry's first 6Gb/s SATA Expander Module with Built-in Enclosure Management - the Rocket EJ340. Rocket EJ340 SATA Expander Modules are ideal for applications that demand cost-effective, high-capacity 6Gb/s storage configurations, and are available for PC and Mac platforms. The Industry standard Mini-SAS connectors and Centronics compliant form factor allow Rocket EJ340 expander modules to be easily integrated into a variety of storage Enclosure.
Enables HighPoint RAID Controller Series Support 16 Drives Over Single SFF-8088
The Rocket EJ340 allows RocketRAID series 6Gb/s HBA's support up to 16 SATA hard drives from a single connector, effectively quadrupling the storage capability of each external Mini-SAS port! Rocket EJ340 SATA Expander Modules EXPAND the Storage Capability of RocketRAID 6Gb/s Mini-SAS RAID HBA's: 400% more Storage Capacity and Scalable Performance!!
Best Cost/Performance Alternative for SAS Expander Solutions
Rocket EJ340 paired with RocketRAID HBA's deliver a wide-range of SATA Storage Solutions suitable for any platform: from Professional Server & Workstation Applications to Entry-Level RAID Storage upgrades. The Rocket EJ340 can support a wide-range of RAID configurations such as RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and JBOD. RAID level support varies depending on which card the expander is paired with. Advanced features such as Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) and Online RAID Level Migration (ORLE), which allow clients to expand, upgrade or convert RAID existing configurations as needed without compromising data.
Built-In Storage Management Capability
The EJ340 delivers comprehensive enclosure management and monitoring features designed to simplify and streamline storage maintenance. Each EJ340 featured integrated temperature sensors and 3 fan ports with automated speed-control to help maintain a consistent temperature for the local storage environment. In addition, EJ340 Expander Modules provide connectors for up to 2 additional temperature sensors, an audible alarm, and LED pins for enclosure monitoring, error and warning notifications.
Storage and Enclosure Management Suite
Rocket EJ340 Expander Modules include a comprehensive storage monitoring suite, which merges seamlessly with RocketRAID RAID Management interfaces.
An intuitive web-based interface provides users with clear, concise summaries of all hosted storage devices; the status of individual drives, RAID & JBOD configurations, storage enclosure hardware, and any hosted RocketRAID HBA.
The comprehensive selection of real-time monitoring services analyze internal temperature readings of storage enclosures and individual SATA drives, provide controls for cooling apparatus, and actively monitor the status of power supplies.
Comprehensive Operating System Platform Support
HighPoint has developed a series of software packages that allow professional solution providers to craft custom-tailored storage configurations suitable for any computing platform. Device drivers and storage management suites are readily available for Mac and PC platforms, and support all major operating systems including Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Windows 8, Linux Distributions, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
Availability and Pricing
The Rocket EJ340 6Gb/s SATA Expander Module will is available immediately from our worldwide network of Distribution and Reseller channels.
Distribution Channels: ASI, D&H Distribution, MaLabs
E-Commerce Channels: Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, B&H, Newegg.com
Rocket EJ340 - USD$119.00
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit